Tin Teasers for Fluke

Here's a couple variations on the classic shad dart.  These are tin and are the weights you're looking for.  

The shad dart is a versatile jig that works well on a lot of fish besides American Shad.  I've personally taken 18 different kinds of fish on them here in Jersey alone.  

These have been re-designed by me to have a barbed tail for using soft plastic.  A Gulp! 4" swimming mullet or a grub tail on these makes a killer lure.  

The straight version rides well in a current.  The reverse has a tendency to run deeper.

msg-23116-0-44429400-1451938878.jpg

After several possibilities it cam down to these choices.

-

Sent January 04 2016 - 4:03 PM

OK, the top two it is.  

One last question. Do you want to stay with the Mustad hooks as in the picture or the black Gami 604's like in the bottom pair.

what was decided.

Sent January 04 2016 - 6:59 PM

OK.  Gami hooks it will be. 

Hook decision.

-

By now most all of us have seen the YouTube video posted that shows "glass minnows" being used as teasers over spro style bucktails.  That seems to have created a shortage of that particular lure.   Here's a solution.

The basic metal is tin, not lead.  That allows for a lighter lure and more movement in the water.  

These are available in 5 sizes from 3/16 oz to 5/8 oz and 4 basic color combinations.

The paint is sprayed vinyl and the whole body is epoxy coated to protect the finish and maintain the shine of the tin sides.  

The hooks are Mustad #34184 in appropriate sizes.  They are 2x strong, forged and tin plated for saltwater use.

Prices:

3/16 oz = 2.75 ea

1/4 oz = 2.75 ea

3/8 oz = 3.00 ea

1/2 oz = 3.50 ea

5/8 oz = 4.00 ea

Shipping is extra.

attachicon.gifIMG_3129.jpg

Thanks for looking and good luck fishing.

Dan,

Any chance you will have these and the shad darts at the Berkeley Flea Market?

I ate one anchovy, and that is why I did not eat two anchovies.

Hi John

I won't be at the Berkeley Flea Market.  I'm only doing Hi-Mar, Asbury and Surfday this year.  I'll be at the Fisherman's Supply booth at the Salt Water Expo.  

I plan to have the teasers in this thread at all three shows.  If you're interested in the tin shad darts let me know and I'll have some of them too.

dan

-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2x 3/8 green back

2x5/8 green back

2x3/8 smokey joe

2x5/8 smokey joe 

And I will take 10 of those plain head jigs unpainted we spoke about in PMs 

The "plain head jigs" referred to are Nordic Eel style in the picture below.  PM to fishinthedark is on the way.

post-23116-0-36443300-1459524592_thumb.jpg

-