Say goodbye to the false hook

Rate this topic

bayyaker54

I was out there fishing this morning, ya its a spot burn, but, it ain't going to be a spot much longer. Two girls were taking satellite readings about 20 yards in from the beach to about a few yards into the water from the "sunkin boat" all the way around the tip to about 100 yards down the ocean side. I spoke to them and they said it would be dredged in a few months. A ranger who came by and checked my saltwater registry card said the same. If it ain't the freaking birds, it's the dredging. Wasn't it a few years ago that they did the same thing in the fall for a few weeks. Don't they realize that the sand that they are pumping on to the beach farther south is ending up at the hook.

Seriously, the decision makers in New Jersey honestly have their heads up their rear ends in reference to environmental awareness and decisions. Give me a freaking break. They pump all this sand on the beaches and suffocate an entire ecosystem and claim nothing is being harmed, at the same time all this sand flows north and south building up on sandy hook, inlets, and wildwood (south jersey) beaches, which has to be dredged/pumped eventually, further creating stress on the underwater surf zone habitat to a point where it's just unsustainable.

It's borderline irresponsible behavior. Constantly cleaning up after themselves with no regard for the environmental impact actions like these create.

i don't think that the sand from south has moved up that fast, it's deep 10 ft off the beach. Remember last year we could hit the green can with a bt from the beach. That can is out of range now. The south side of that channel has to be 40-50 ft deep. I haven't even seen any nuckelhead boaters run up on the beach lately . Past few years you had to watch yourself in the dark so you didn't get hit by a boat standing on the beach

This is why we need a fishing license. We will have more pull because we are putting money into the system. Right now we are not contributing nada so we don't matter.

Do you believe that? I believe the Save the Summer Flounder Foundation takes in some cash for thecause. While I believe in it's cause we still get hit with more and more regs and size increases every year. Goverment is now functioning against the middle class now no matter who we elect, Now there is talk about a 40% quote reduction next year. Does anyone want to buy a PB if this happens?

Doesn't surprise me in the least.  All that sand they're pumping onto the beach moves north and keeps extending the end of the peninsula into the ship channel.  Talk about stupid!  They (the ACOE) knew this would happen and just don't care.  It gives them another project to play with.  

-

End of the False Hook......Geeezzz.........they're just killin' fishing here in NJ and all they want is our money.....permits, fees and alike.....NJ politics at it's finest.....they tell us Where, When and How Much We Have To Pay For It.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

This is why we need a fishing license. We will have more pull because we are putting money into the system. Right now we are not contributing nada so we don't matter.

Unless its a dedicated fund, the monies collected will go into the general treasury, to disappear into the black hole that is our state budget.