Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spacegh8st

Norton Antivirus problem

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I noticed in the past SOL was a great place for trouble shooting. I am not that tech savy but I recently renewed my subscription to norton antivirus. Initially when I first got the program I was still using a dial-up service and now have upgraded to a cable modem.

When I try to run the live updates norton does not detect that I am running the internet on the cable modem. I tried adjusting the configuration in the control panel but there is nothing there that lets you select cable modem.

Any help is appreciated

Space

Windows control panel lets you select how your computer connects to the internet. Dial up or LAN Local Area Network. Your cable modem is a LAN connection. If you posted over the cable modem it would appear that the problem is with Norton configurations and not the Windows control panel settings. Norton may be still trying to dial up instead of using your LAN. Look for something that determines how Norton is trying to connect. Lots of Norton versions out there.

Steve

Steve M,

Thanks, I found out I was using an old version of Live Update and downloaded the new one. In addition I realized that my firewall was blacking the Norton Antivirus from accessing the internet. Thanks for the help

Space

Steve M,

Thanks, I found out I was using an old version of Live Update and downloaded the new one. In addition I realized that my firewall was blacking the Norton Antivirus from accessing the internet. Thanks for the help

Space

Steve,

I have the same problem with NAV and the firewall. What did you change in Norton Firewall to enable the NAV to work?

Sandcrab