Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Split rings - how big?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

We stock the strongest X-heavy stainless steel split rings I've ever seen - sizes 2H, 2 1/2H, 3H, 4H, 5H, 5 1/2H, 6H, and 6 1/2H - my question is this - is there any reason that anyone would like these split rings in sizes larger than 6 1/2H? I only ask cause I just noticed that they are now offered in sizes up to 9H eek.gificon25.gif

Anyone who's seen the 6 1/2H from here think there's a reason to stock anything LARGER than that?

TimS

for plugs in the range i fish which is from about 1/2 ounce to 3 ounces i have only used a couple of the 6 1/2h's that i bought and only on big danny type swimmer. i use the 5H and 5 1/2H on most bigger plugs and the 4H's are nice for most plastic plugs like bombers, mega baits, yozuris etc. i dont have much use for em on plugs, maybe as key rings? smile.gif

[ 07-01-2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: BrianZ ]

Tim HappyWave.gif

Check them jigs ya Ho'ed after the Cod Bash biggrin.gif I think they're like a 10 eek.gif

I had to use a secondary source cause the SOL ones were too small . . . but they were put to good use.

I put larger than 6 1/2H split rings on my hooks when I'm eeling or chunking. However, off the top of my head, I don't remember what size they are.

Wayne...please elaborate smile.gif Whaddayahmean you put split rings on yer hooks when eeling or chunking? I'm not following you icon25.gif

TimS

Tim what size U think would go good on dannys and needles, I wouldnt mind them smaller ones in a heavy guage. I need bolt cutters that will end the need for them in most casesbiggrin.gif