Followers 0
mando

2015 Squid Fishing

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

Switched over to squid jigging,

while the months have been slow .

Have only tried Salem willows pier

Bought a couple YamaS.hi.ta squid jigs at Tomo's tackle and brought the little bro.

No complaints great action durable hooks .

Looking for more spots to jig for squid

more information on brands.

Seems to be really unpopular in the U.S. but I love calamari and bringing my little bro to fish

With light tackle easily.

I like Yamas for jigs. Pricey but the best. Think their special warm jacket jigs are the way to go. Turns light into heat, keeps jig degree warmer than water like bait.

They work great even without much light hitting them underwater, but wonder if you blast light onto em before dropping down if they might work even better?

I like Yamas for jigs. Pricey but the best. Think their special warm jacket jigs are the way to go. Turns light into heat, keeps jig degree warmer than water like bait.

They work great even without much light hitting them underwater, but wonder if you blast light onto em before dropping down if they might work even better?

I light mine up with my LED head lamp every 3-5 casts , it has the warm jacket and glow . Usually can catch 10 squid that size every 2-3 hours with small guys in between. Sometimes it slows down when I don't recharge the glow . Have made I think 4 trips now between 7pm-10pm. Haven't fished the day yet .

I've seen 20 something inch squid caught on piers but I have never caught one that big. A 14" is a nice squid.

The other piers have squid around too.

I like to let them "ink out" in a bucket before killing them. That way you don't have all that nasty ink to deal with when you clean them. 

Hit them good in the city again last night. We got about 15-20 in an hour or so. Guys who were live lining them were getting stripers at the same location.

Oh Damn, I haven't been to Salem many times wouldn't know where else is allowed, I left with about 16 in 2 hours but no where near the same size as usual. Really ? I'd definitely throw a squid out on one of my other rods,could you pm me more details ?

I Appreciate the info