Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASrod

Spiderwire Stealth Braided Line Strength Test (30 Pound)

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, leorada said:

does anyone gets breaks when snagged? 

Everyone. With every line ever made. The bottom is undefeated :)

TimS

I use 30lb stealth camo green on all my plugging rods(Spinning). 15 on lighter stuff. I've seen the 15 and 30 do amazing stuff. It's definitely over strength and casts great for me. My bro landed a 30+ lb flathead on 15lb on my light outfit in a very Rocky River from shore. I wouldn't advise going that low for fish that size but it's good to know that it's up to the task. I've never felt out gunned with 30lb stealth and a 50lb big game leader. It's my go to. It's also very hard to break off when hung up. I'd hate to break 50lb off. 

7 hours ago, TimS said:

Use the thinnest, smoothest braid you can get away with - always :) If you break off too often, use heavier braid. If you never break off and your casting distance sucks, use lighter braid. There's a balance that only comes from spending time fishing and experimenting...it's not a math problem,  there's no right answer for every situation...it's fishing ;)

TimS

Thank you for your comments.

I agree with you every situation is different but its good to listen to other people’s opinion from their experience in similar situations….I know its not that easy to get a good straight answer as there are so many factors that could create the problems like a rod, reel, lure size and shape, the weather and the fishing LINE you are using…

Yes its fishing but practice and practice makes perfect.