How Do You Handle Being Stuck In Traffic Jams

Rate this topic

hookinfinger

There is one highway between me and downtown Austin. If there is an accident it's a major cluster. The only other ways out of town go far into north ATX or toward Houston.

Glad I work from home.

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

Last year on a beach traffic Friday leaving queens for Long Island at 5 pm, I was bumper to bumper at 3 mph. I was on the LIExpressway. I pulled into the shoulder and drove through that debris field for two counties nodding politely at all those I passed. When I finally got pulled over by a Suffolk Hwy I said good evening officer lovely afternoon isn't it. He was laughing his ass off at me and said get back in a lane a$$hole and walked back to his car. After 20 years of commuting I had to do it

"It is an art performed on a four-count rhythm between ten and two o'clock"

Is this where you got stuck?

SANDWICH, Mass. (WHDH) -

A crash in Sandwich on Saturday morning injured several people and caused traffic delays.

At around 8 a.m., a car traveling eastbound went airborne over a guardrail and into the westbound lane where it struck two other cars. 

Firefighters extricated the driver of the eastbound car and took him to a Rhode Island-area hospital. 

Other motorists were taken to Beth Israel Deaconness Hospital-Plymouth and are listed in fair condition. 

Several good samaritans, including off-duty nurses and firefighters, stopped to assist.

State Police are investigating the crash.

Last year on a beach traffic Friday leaving queens for Long Island at 5 pm, I was bumper to bumper at 3 mph. I was on the LIExpressway. I pulled into the shoulder and drove through that debris field for two counties nodding politely at all those I passed. When I finally got pulled over by a Suffolk Hwy I said good evening officer lovely afternoon isn't it. He was laughing his ass off at me and said get back in a lane a$$hole and walked back to his car. After 20 years of commuting I had to do it

:laugh:

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

I chew the steering wheel, and keep an empty Gatorade bottle handy. Need that wide neck. :th:

I was on the express bus on 42nd.  Stopped at a light and I just happened to look over and there was a cab driver peeing in a bottle while he had a fare.   I said only in NY.  

'The legend lives on, from the Chippewa on down, of the big lake they called 'gitche gumee'

I was on the express bus on 42nd.  Stopped at a light and I just happened to look over and there was a cab driver peeing in a bottle while he had a fare.   I said only in NY.

My old lady doesn't want to believe me when I tell her EVERY cabbie in NYC has a Gatorade bottle under the seat.

She's so naive!!! :laugh:

Ordinary ****ing people - I hate 'em.