Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASrod

RIP - Surf Fishing Legend - Jack Yee

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Today we lost one of the greatest surf fishermen of all time. I never met him, but I have always been reading about his tactics and how he used to "live" in Montauk.

Rest In Peace, Jack Yee.

Edited by ASrod

Jack was a friend of Mine  .25 years ago  he would   have his Camper  at north bar at Montauk  in those days it would get very cold by the 13 th of October saying that  I would pick up a chicken one time a pot roast another time or  a piece of pork another jack would do his magic and a few hours later his camper would be packed with a crew of surfcasters grabbing a bit to eat and back to the water now remember in those  basically lived on the beach in the old days fishing and taking care of his fellow surf casters . He will be missed God Bless Him

Jack was a welcome face for me and my family as we rode the beach with him or caught up with him early for coffee at Paulies. He always had a great story to tell. Anyone that fished Montauk knew him or knew of him. Truly a legend. One of the first to wear a wetsuit for surfcasting. He will be missed. Tight lines Mr Yee, rest in peace.

The Fisherman's Prayer. I pray that I may live to fish...

Until my dying day.

And when it comes to

my last cast,

I then most humbly pray:

When in the Lord's

great landing net

And peacefully asleep

That in His mercy I be judged

Big enough to keep.

Very sad news indeed...Montauk and Jack Yee have always been synonymous.

Great memories...he was a great mentor in the early '80's, happy to share weakfish rock and show me the 'out deep' rocks.  

My kids grew up on the beach out there w/ Jack always stopping by to chat and share some baked goods w/ 'em.

Jack, you will be missed.

Edited by beached