Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Biscuit

Neoprene Socks and Wading Boots?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

It seems to be getting a little too warm for me to wearing waders. So I'm thinking about buying some neoprene socks and just wearing those with my wading boots. Do I need to wear a liner sock of some sort to prevent blisters and won't my feet get wet anyway? Some of the spots I fish are good hike to get to and from and I don't need to be trudging back to my truck with blisters on my heels and toes. Any ideas, recommendations, tricks, that I should know?   

Simple wading shoes and neoprene socks work and cost under $ 40.

Wading shoes offer protection and you can feel the bottom as you move along.

post-55986-0-95054900-1436647761_thumb.jpg

I would use a very thin sock under the neoprene boots. If you haven't found out yet I am sure you will, the neoprene boots are a bugger to get off without them, they seem to stick to the skin if they are a tight fit.

5mm neoprene socks and simms freestones with grip studs. 

youre feet are going to get wet no matter what

Ive walked a few miles in mine with no issues, same set up I use for wetsuiting, nice in the warm weather when you need to be safe on the rocks 

No I wear just the neo socks and havent had slipoing or blister problems. I have the devil canyon boots with the boa system and they cinch up tight Just got them strictly for places like M and warm weather walking in the wetsuit. Beach I wear bootfoots.

A friend of mine who reps for these guys set me up with a pair of these Keen Gorgeous neoprene boots. Super comfortable with a tough sole and good support with the wrap around strap. I'm not sure if they're the best choice for Montauk rocks, but for everything else, they're perfect.

images.ashx?t=product&i=mgorgeous_blacky

A friend of mine who reps for these guys set me up with a pair of these Keen Gorgeous neoprene boots. Super comfortable with a tough sole and good support with the wrap around strap. I'm not sure if they're the best choice for Montauk rocks, but for everything else, they're perfect.

images.ashx?t=product&i=mgorgeous_blacky

These look great for the beach. Plus I'm a big fan of Keen footwear to boot.