Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marksharky

When, where on what- 1st SURF caught fish of the season?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

What do you guys think? Honestly this is only my second season confused.gif so I kind of have no past to judge myself on, but I will say April 16th, Asbury Park- black bomber at night. I have that day off, I turn 38 smile.gif I'll be hitting the links during the day at Metedeconk National then, the surf for the PM fishing session. smile.gif Anyone want to play 18 for a boat trip or secret Bass spot in return? (sorry no scratch golfers please) smile.gifIt would be nice to meet some of you guys I know I could meet you all at the spring fling , but being in the restaurant Bizz fridays & Sats in May are next to impossible for me frown.gif . L8r Mates

That's easy'smile.gif Early April,Raritan Bay, One of my local jetty', probably on a big booger of clam or a sand worm. {I NEVER SEEM TO DO WELL PLUGGING EARLY SPRING}That dosen't mean I dont try!!

Jim Breese

March 18,just a month away smile.gif,in the shallows after a warm sunny day towards sunset.Those shallows are fun after a hot day smile.gif,on a mambo or mega,or the silicone spearing it is chasing.The date may have to change with the weather, <<<see the part about a warm day

OH yeah SURF fish,that would be on the 1st good noreaster in april,just as it starts on a glob of clam,somewhere between Normandy and the North Jetty at IBSP,by which time I will have caught many in the skinny water and probally some LARGE weakies smile.gif<depending on the weatherconfused.gif

------------------

Rick

[This message has been edited by Rick7 (edited 02-18-2001).]

I already had my first bass of 2001, My backyard bay gave a couple up for me and a freind after a few days of warmer days last week. These fish are hold overs that stay in some of the deeper pockets outside the shallow bay, they were tiny, 13-18 inches but still stripers.

Mike L

I don't know probably a certain creek in South Jersey that always seems to produce the first bass of the year for me. All I know is it better be soon. I can't take much more of this winter.

Whenever the water hits about 46* and i will most likely be chucking a clam or worm at nite while sipping a bit o' brandy from the flask smile.gif I like my first few beach trips to be kinda passive thats why I like to spike a rod or 2 with bait and just kinda ease into the new season and remember what its all about, just how i like to do it, of course the plug rod will be with me to toss some swimmers between swigs wink.gif

That's the first thing I noticed...not many SURF guesses here wink.gif

I'm usually so busy throwing flies in the back, I don't even make it to the surf till the beginning of May!? By then, I'll have released a couple hundred stripers and a couple hundred weaks, some big fat fluke, and hopefully, seen my backing a good number of times. All it's all flies early in the season for me, that's just the way it's always been, I see no reason to change smile.gif

I might follow Rick7 once or twice, he's moaned about fussy fish eating shrimp right in front of him too many times for me not to follow him at least once biggrin.gif

TimS

Do clams count? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Before April Fools Day there shall be at least one foolish fish that doesn't quite realize that clams don't just hang there. At least not in IBSP.

[This message has been edited by Rambunctious (edited 02-19-2001).]

I'll be looking for ya Tim,I got some day-glow floats ready to go.That shrimp fly spinning gear thingy will get a fish this year...I hope smile.gif

------------------

Rick