Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whopper Bubba

Oregon Sex Law

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

Is anyone here actually in support of this atrocity?   Is that why you are quibbling over the fact that rules/law was expanded to allow this?

Sure, where's my common good- equal protection $$$..

I'm surprised that the age of medical consent is so low. 

Especially for an issue like this. You're letting the evolving consciousness of a 15 year old make a decision to permanently mutilate their body.

The solution is more exposure to religion. Because religion sets up rules and regulations creating a positive lifestyle.

Depends on the religion but yes it can. Not that it has anything specific to do with this situation.

This isn't about abandoning religion, it has to do with abandoning rational thought.

It's society reinforcing negative behavior, no it's our politicians reinforcing negative behavior by condoning it by passing laws. The solution is to vote these politicians out of office and place new politicians that will change these BARBARIC laws.

I'm surprised that the age of medical consent is so low. 

So am I.

I understand the rationale for not requiring parental notification.

Given that choosing to have a a sex-change operation is a monumental,  literally life-changing decision, I'm dismayed  that  before undergoing the operation, a minor  as young as fifteen doesn't at least have to be counseled  by a judge who is a  disinterested party.

Edited by lichum

So am I.

I understand the rationale for not requiring parental notification.

Given that choosing to have a a sex-change operation is a monumental  decision that is literally life altering, I'm dismayed  that  before undergoing the operation, a minor  as young as fifteen doesn't at least have to be counseled  by a judge, who is a  disinterested party.

Oh come on now, we all know why the age was set so low. It was so underage girls could get knocked up and have an abortion without their parents consent. As many said give the Progressive Left an inch and it seems there no end low they'll go. Good God, parents raising their own children, how old fashion. It takes a village! 

Marriage is about procreation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

And about raising the next generation in the optimum environment, but has nothing to do with this topic.

The solution is more exposure to religion. Because religion sets up rules and regulations creating a positive lifestyle.

Catholic school graduate here, grades 1-12. Somehow managed not to get diddled.

While I do believe in God, the last thing we need in this country is politicians acting on their religious beliefs and attempting to force their beliefs on the public.