Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lisurf2

More access lost! Demo is closed due to the plovers!

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

The birds aren't screwing us-- the Federal government and the N.Y. politicians are doing it to us--it is a disgrace to the people who pay to use these great resources-summer is so short and they make it even shorter--this great country of ours  has lost its way-- the majority is being run over by the imbaciles of the world--this and many other reasons are why people go postal--like I said earlier--the U>S>A> has lost its Way--rreelman

Well Said!!!

I am glad more and more are figuring this injustice, the deterioration of the power and wealth of the middle class majority.

If the Majority voted, then we can take our govenement back, to govern for the Peoples again.

Not the Special Interest Groups with Deep Pockets. 

Next time your congressman  says vote and I am going to cut taxes and improve your quality of life, think twice!  Is he talking about you and I, or the few well connected only.

Fishinkid007 - I don't think picketing at those 2 locations will do any good.  They may even enjoy the publicity.  The reason is they don't get elected.

I agree, but you got to love the big Rat! He is alot like those politicians who screw we the middle class by catering to Audubon! As far as fish & wildlife, they kick us off the beach but allow the boaters to do as they please. This is bullsh-t! This selective enforcement, and discrimination, and another issue. They are like the Rat as well!

Edited by lisurf2

I would surely chip in to have the Big Rat and people picketing outside Audobon, FIsh & Willife and our local politician offices.

Let's have a BIG RAT FLING started.

How come the local news are not covering this Injustice? These are Domestic Terrorists allowed to terrorize our American Way of Life. 

Edited by FishinKid007

I was fluking on the boat today in Fire Island Inlet, there were boats all anchored all along the back side of Democrat Point, at least 75 to 100. People were cooking, children were playing, there were umbrellas and tents set up behind the bird fencing. Were is the enforcement? They ban us and don't do a dam thing about these folks! This is totally bullsh--t!! We need to to rent the big RAT, and camp out & picket in front US Fish & Wildlife and the local office of Audubon!

Same for me went out on the Jib today fluke fishing 75 to 100 would be a low estimate from what I can see.I'm going to call the State Park Police at RM and voice my concern.And ask why they can have access and surf fisherman can't. 

It is a long walk! You will have to Park in RM 2 parking lot, which during the day involves the parking fee or Empire Pass. At night I believe you get a pass with your 4X4 permit.

Just cant figure out how to quote and reply...oh well...anyways why cant we park at 2 and say were going to fish the back side?..then go where we want..or did the plovers make it to the asphalt too

Because the 4X4 fishing permit or the night sport fishing permit does not cover daytime parking during the bathing season on the bathing beaches. You still need the empire pass or fork over $10 for the vehicle use fee if you want to park there during the daytime. The way to beat the fee is to get there before the parking staff shows for work!

Edited by lisurf2

It's time to demand a accounting of money's spent on protecting these birds. How many millions both State and Federal. The public has a right to know. Fifty years of this BS, enough. They spend more on these birds than they do for many childhood diseases. So which are more important children or the birds, Mr. Politician?  

It would be terrible if a truck jackknifed on the Mose's bridge early in the AM on a week end morning? All those beach goer's unable to get on or off?

It's time to demand a accounting of money's spent on protecting these birds. How many millions both State and Federal. The public has a right to know. Fifty years of this BS, enough. They spend more on these birds than they do for many childhood diseases. So which are more important children or the birds, Mr. Politician?  

It would be terrible if a truck jackknifed on the Mose's bridge early in the AM on a week end morning? All those beach goer's unable to get on or off?

Which childhood diseases are you referring to exactly?  And how much has been spent on the Plovers?

Edited by BigAssBass