Beach A Cow

United States Military Academy Class of 2019 R-Day Photos

Rate this topic

136 posts in this topic

send him to Bill Rogers shooting school in Eljay Georgia before he gets too many years in.  The Army SUCKS at training folks not in SOF units.   Bill is one of the best.  

On 6/26/2019 at 9:29 AM, Beach A Cow said:

Finally..... 

D5F3F64D-AB25-41D5-81CF-405DA819BB59.jpeg

Stainless Steel Colt competition 45 caliber pistol with a fiber optic front sight, a high rise beaver tail grip safety. On the left side as you can see it’s engraved “United States Military Academy “ above Duty Honor Country. On the left to the rear of the cocking serrations is the Helmet of Athena. On the right side of the slide is engraved “Class of 2019” above the Class motto, “So Freedom Will Reign.” To the read of the cocking serrations is a crest with the Class year in Roman numerals. On top of the slide is the American Flag. Grips made of Colt double diamond checkered rosewood. My 2LT son loves his graduation gift.

11 hours ago, Beach A Cow said:

Stainless Steel Colt competition 45 caliber pistol with a fiber optic front sight, a high rise beaver tail grip safety. On the left side as you can see it’s engraved “United States Military Academy “ above Duty Honor Country. On the left to the rear of the cocking serrations is the Helmet of Athena. On the right side of the slide is engraved “Class of 2019” above the Class motto, “So Freedom Will Reign.” To the read of the cocking serrations is a crest with the Class year in Roman numerals. On top of the slide is the American Flag. Grips made of Colt double diamond checkered rosewood. My 2LT son loves his graduation gift.

BAC, Is that his graduation present??  Good stuff.  I think the .45 pistol should still be the side arm of all U.S. military but I am a dinosaur.  That is one nice pistol.  Will he be able to carry it on duty???  God Bless and thank you and your wife for raising a fine young man.

11 hours ago, Beach A Cow said:

That is awesome!

Cabo

1 hour ago, Knight771 said:

BAC, Is that his graduation present??  Good stuff.  I think the .45 pistol should still be the side arm of all U.S. military but I am a dinosaur.  That is one nice pistol.  Will he be able to carry it on duty???  God Bless and thank you and your wife for raising a fine young man.

Didn't read the last line.  Sorry, double dumbass on me!!!:)

9 hours ago, Knight771 said:

Carry on duty, yes but ammo might be a problem for him.

21 mins ago, msrief said:

Carry on duty, yes but ammo might be a problem for him.

Nope.  Not as a 2lt.  SOF SMU or GO...different story.  LT..???  Shut up and sign out your issued weapon.   

8 hours ago, Knight771 said:

Didn't read the last line.  Sorry, double dumbass on me!!!:)

Yes, this was my graduation gift to him.. Only able to purchase via West Point as each graduation class has 2 weapons to choose from. These are custom.. He won’t be carrying this weapon with him at all. This is something that’ll be passed down for generations.. It’ll be a conversation piece.. Really wish we had purchased two. 

12 hours ago, JimP said:

Nope.  Not as a 2lt.  SOF SMU or GO...different story.  LT..???  Shut up and sign out your issued weapon.   

I loved getting a 1st Lt. right out of Flight School.  As the unit IP, I had to give him his first ride.  "Good Morning Lt!!  Sit down, shut up and don't touch nothin, until I tell you!!!"  "Yes Chief!!!"  "Do I look like a freakin Indian??  That's Mr. to you!!!  Now get in and strap in."  "Yes sir, Mr. ______"":)

Loved messing with them but they were mostly good, young guys.

Outstanding thread.

My youngest leaves for Fort Leonard Wood on Tuesday.  He enlisted right out of High School.  35 November MOS

Mom and I are FREAKING OUT!  Trying to keep it together for him.  He is our best bud and I cant believe its time for him to leave us.

God help us...

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

Outstanding thread.

My youngest leaves for Fort Leonard Wood on Tuesday.  He enlisted right out of High School.  35 November MOS

Mom and I are FREAKING OUT!  Trying to keep it together for him.  He is our best bud and I cant believe its time for him to leave us.

God help us...

Best of luck to him, and God speed.