Beach A Cow

United States Military Academy Class of 2019 R-Day Photos

Rate this topic

135 posts in this topic

Just saw this for first time.  Congratulations man.  Top notch student, top notch education with top notch parenting.  You and your family are an inspiration to me.  Thank you.

God bless that young man.  I salute him and all our military.  Be proud of him.  One of the few of our youth with a good head on his shoulders.  Hope he learns to like kim chee.  I personally can't stand it.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:03 PM, Beach A Cow said:

Hello everyone.... Camp Humphreys it is.

That's a huge base! 23rd chemical battalion is there. Will he be assigned to them? I know Combined Command was consolidating many units, as part of an agreement with the Korean government. It's like a mini city. 

8 hours ago, nam1969 said:

That's a huge base! 23rd chemical battalion is there. Will he be assigned to them? I know Combined Command was consolidating many units, as part of an agreement with the Korean government. It's like a mini city. 

Bob, not sure which battalion he’ll be assigned to, he kind of let’s me know as he finds out, unless he has to be secretive..... I saw a YouTube video of the base.... WOW!!! Just about looks like a resort... Lol!! I’m sure as he gets closer to graduation he’ll tell me more.

Well folks, he did it! My DS graduated from The United States Military Academy @ West Point on Saturday May 25th. He’s officially a member of “The Long Grey Line”. He was commissioned as a 2LT in the US Army after the graduation ceremony. It’s been a 57 month journey that he saw to the end, so worth it though. Up next is BOLC  (Basic Officer Leadership Course) in July for a 4 month duration,  a short break then off to Korea in December on his birthday. He’s ready, they’re all ready to lead America’s Soldiers near and far. We plan to get some fishing trips in after he returns from Vacation with some of the other graduates from his  company. It’s been a whirlwind for sure.... Thank You everyone for the support and well wishes.. Truly appreciated. Pictures are not in any specific order. I’ll post more after editing.

506CABAF-C2D2-46A9-B939-B2434787ED95.jpeg

36AD121E-6BBC-4BBA-8FCB-962BED7C3EF1.jpeg

98FC24A1-092B-4461-9058-57BEAC6F660C.jpeg

65B818D4-F311-4768-9363-49BFEE0CE691.jpeg

252ED5EB-AD26-4CE8-8363-73D29E024A14.jpeg

4D990B9B-B33A-415A-8BA7-C5D1E3D34F5E.jpeg

48F463CE-6A10-45A7-B4B6-5DC541FE87E7.jpeg

D1B174C6-31E7-4FE9-9353-74B16C004E6E.jpeg

36E765A8-5AD2-4E07-9677-55292AE896F9.jpeg

64FA23B1-59F3-45FE-8EFB-C77BA2DC5BCA.jpeg

8F2B6A4C-F6C7-4C7D-B090-70AE6ADCD595.jpeg

C4EA0170-8B95-44BD-ACDE-2C575CA26E32.jpeg

377F4F86-15A1-44FB-B84E-145974740952.jpeg

Incredible honor for him and your family.  May God watch over him.  Tell him how proud this old vet is of the new lieutenant's accomplishments.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

Beach A Cow,

I haven't seen this or posted to you before.  God Bless you and your family and YOUR SON!!!  We need so many more young men like him in the USA.  In the late 70s and the early 80s as a member of the Delaware National Guard,. we used to fly up and support the cadets' field training between their Jr. and Sr. year.  At that time, the unit had Huey's and the cadets loved to climb on board and ride.  We'd low level for them and would get big grins and thumbs up.  It was fun working with them, even though they were going to become RLO's :)

I don't know what his MOS will be but tell him to consider Army Aviation!!!!  And whatever else he does, Go Airborne!!!!

Tom De Simone

CW4, U.S. Army Retired

Member, VHPA

Edited by Knight771

3 hours ago, Knight771 said:

Beach A Cow,

I haven't seen this or posted to you before.  God Bless you and your family and YOUR SON!!!  We need so many more young men like him in the USA.  In the late 70s and the early 80s as a member of the Delaware National Guard,. we used to fly up and support the cadets' field training between their Jr. and Sr. year.  At that time, the unit had Huey's and the cadets loved to climb on board and ride.  We'd low level for them and would get big grins and thumbs up.  It was fun working with them, even though they were going to become RLO's :)

I don't know what his MOS will be but tell him to consider Army Aviation!!!!  And whatever else he does, Go Airborne!!!!

Tom De Simone

CW4, U.S. Army Retired

Member, VHPA

Tom,

Thank you Sir! He Branched Chemical Corps/ Military Intelligence his first duty Station is Camp Humphreys South Korea. He’s done and experienced so much while @ the Academy, no other college experience can compare. Thank you for your service.

Good to see that everyone here is safe. I thought of this thread when I read about that roll-over wreck.

Back to ruling the internet for me I guess. :shaky:

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, Octopotamus said:

Good to see that everyone here is safe. I thought of this thread when I read about that roll-over wreck.

I got a cold chill when I saw that story about the wreck and thought about this thread. 

All, 

My son is fine as he graduated o few weeks ago and is on leave before Reporting for BOLC. Please pray for Cadet Morgan and his family... We’re all still in shock including my son as Cadet Morgan was in the same company as my son. God Bless you all.