Beach A Cow

United States Military Academy Class of 2019 R-Day Photos

Rate this topic

96 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Beach A Cow said:

Jim, including USMAPS ( Prep School) it’s been almost 5 years.. It’s been an Adventure for sure!! Ups and Downs but, well worth it... 

Immensely rewarding to know he will be a member of that long grey line soon!!

Holy smoke Beach A Cow!  Feels like it was yesterday when he first started his journey.  I can't tell you how proud I am of him and your family.  I can see in your photos the transition from a late teenager to a young Army officer.

May God watch over him at all times.  Please give him the congratulations of an old patriot.  And, be sure to post pictures of the graduation formations and of him on that grand day.

Congrats to your son and your family, you should be proud of his accomplishments. Thanks for sharing the story and keeping us up to date. And thanks to your son and his class for keeping us safe and free. Many of us sleep peacefully every night because of folks like your son. God bless them all.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, Beach A Cow said:

Ok everyone, this evening is Post Night. My DS will be posting South Korea.

William,

Hard to believe it was almost 4 years ago that we went to West Point to meet your son! Fine looking man and he'll be an asset to the military. Whenever I get discouraged with the way things are going in this country, I think of the young men and women, less that 1% of the population, that guard our gates.

I assume Chemical Corps is the old CBR. Each one of those guys had a burn spot on their arm, part of the rite of passage, back in the day. All of us, regardless of MOS, had to go through the gas house, take off our mask, and give name, rank, and serial number. Very few got past their name before stumbling, and being guided out of that gas filled room! That was before I went to Desert Warfare school, then Jungle Warfare school in Panama. Got gassed once in Nam, when wind shifted! It was that old CS riot gas.

Anyway, pass on my congrats to your son.

Regards,

Bob

PS. I have a contact in South Korea, a civilian contractor for the military. When you son gets his duty station, let me know, and if its near my friend, I'll give you his contact information. Might be able to give him a quick tutorial for the area.

Congrats, I’m grateful to your son for any and all sacrifices he has made and will continue to make . You and the rest of your family should all be proud . From an Old Sailor , “Fair winds and following seas “ God Bless him and all who serve. Bill J 

On 2/9/2019 at 10:19 AM, nam1969 said:

William,

Hard to believe it was almost 4 years ago that we went to West Point to meet your son! Fine looking man and he'll be an asset to the military. Whenever I get discouraged with the way things are going in this country, I think of the young men and women, less that 1% of the population, that guard our gates.

I assume Chemical Corps is the old CBR. Each one of those guys had a burn spot on their arm, part of the rite of passage, back in the day. All of us, regardless of MOS, had to go through the gas house, take off our mask, and give name, rank, and serial number. Very few got past their name before stumbling, and being guided out of that gas filled room! That was before I went to Desert Warfare school, then Jungle Warfare school in Panama. Got gassed once in Nam, when wind shifted! It was that old CS riot gas.

Anyway, pass on my congrats to your son.

Regards,

Bob

PS. I have a contact in South Korea, a civilian contractor for the military. When you son gets his duty station, let me know, and if its near my friend, I'll give you his contact information. Might be able to give him a quick tutorial for the area.

Bob,

Yes, these 4 years went by really quick.. I just spoke with him this morning and he says Hello. As soon as he receives his orders I’m sure he’ll let me know where he will be posting. We just reached another milestone as last night was the 100th Night Gala... Meaning 100 more days until graduation. I didn’t attend this one as tickets were limited, his sister and her boyfriend attended. He tells me that he’ll be reporting to BOLC in July and likely won’t be heading to South Korea 8 to 12 months after graduation with all the training he’s going to be doing..  Chemical Corps is know as CBRN now and I keep hearing the term “Dragon Soldiers”. After South Korea he hopes to post Italy. I’ll keep you posted...

Regards,

William

B95B865B-40A7-42A2-9D3E-67A0508436FE.jpeg

E5124AD3-B42A-42E9-8D01-F6F0F3466036.jpeg

A31A91A8-51C5-4781-AB2B-46972137C4D8.jpeg

2A42C662-BDCF-4104-9993-38CF96564025.jpeg

Love these updates.  Best wishes on a bright future for this young man.  And a thank you from my family for the services of your son and everyone else in this thread who served.