United States Military Academy Class of 2019 R-Day Photos

Rate this topic

Beach A Cow

William,

Your son looks more confident and assured than when I met him last fall, at the Academy. All part of the maturation process of becoming an Officer. Pass on my good wishes to him. Hope to get up for at least one game this year.

Bob

Bob, every time I see him I'm in awe!!! It's not easy for our young cadet men and women by any means.. I just found out this morning that one of his cadet mates will be separated from the academy, this young man is like a son to me, I'm heartbroken for him and his mother. He worked his tail off to get to the academy.. It's not for everyone but, once you get there one has to still apply themselves... I'll likely attend 4 home games again this season, I'll send you a schedule. Tell Linda hello for me. I'll let Percelle know that you wish him well. Bob, if you have a FB or Flicker account let me know, I uploaded over 400 pictures from this past Thursday and Friday. I made sure that I caught as many images of the cadets during their Air Assault Course especially, for the parents and friends who were unable to attend.

Team Twokidsandadad

• 3 weeks later...

What does this have to do with New Jersey Fishing............?

What's the big deal, Big Deal.  Congratulations for a young man from NJ by his father and assorted veterans makes you uncomfortable.  Time for you to lighten up.

It is young Americans like this Cadet who make it possible for the rest of us to live in Freedom.  about 1% of our population volunteers to serve in the military. some  as Officers and the majority as enlisted.  West Point has been producing leaders who will work their fingers tothe bone keeping the men and women in their charge safe and supplied with the tools of war to keep the barbarians at the gate in check.

The USMA Graduates Code of Honor is as solid and the Marines motto. Semper Fidelis "Always Faithful."  My hat is off to this new Soldier and my prayers will include him, and all the young volunteers in our Armed Forces.

Edited by RJ

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to this fine group of newly promoted Cadet Corporal's!! The Class of 2019's Cadet Field Training will conclude tomorrow morning after their Run Back from Camp Buckner. I was able to witness my son and his classmates receive their promotions this morning.. Hooah!!

post-14790-0-92623100-1469389456.jpeg

Team Twokidsandadad

It's official the USMA Class of 2019 are no longer Plebes, they're Yuk's now. Yesterday they were prompted to the title of Cadet Corporal.. Five weeks of Cadet Field Training concluded this morning after their 8mile run back from Camp Buckner. Two weeks of leave couldn't of come at a better time with all this heat.

post-14790-0-63583100-1469480078.jpeg

post-14790-0-24231800-1469480096.jpeg

post-14790-0-71357600-1469480118.jpeg

Team Twokidsandadad

Wow nice photos. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for serving. 

Thank You! Most of the Class of 2019 Cadets are on a 10 day leave before reporting back to West Point next Sunday. Many spent their summer break from academics either traveling the world, taking  extra summer class instruction, attending Air Assault School, Five Weeks of Cadet Field Training ect.. The academic year ended in mid May, since then my son was home for maybe a total of 33 days broken up into segments. A lot has happened since May, 3 Cadets have passed away while either on leave or training, 2 of the cadets we knew. We pray every day for the safety of our military. I'll continue to post pictures from time to time as I know there are many prior military members on this site and people curious to what Cadet Life is like. I've helped 3 families with the process of their children seeking appointments to the academy. Its my way of "Giving Back" . Thank You! To Those Who Served and Those Currently Serving.

Team Twokidsandadad

• 7 months later...

Well, just got kicked in the stomach!!! Had plans on spending a lot of time with my DS (Dear Son) over the summer as he was previously scheduled pretty much a normal one.. Gotta remind myself at times he's in the army now!! Plans Change!! He'll have slightly less than a month for break before the new academic year begins..post-14790-0-56766600-1490139596.jpeg

Edited by Beach A Cow

Team Twokidsandadad

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone... It’s been a long time since I last posted on the site.. Update on my son @ USMA. He Branched Chemical Corps this past November, his 2nd choice. Only 2 Cadets out of 1020 branched Chemical Corps. In 2 weeks he’ll find out his Post, he tells me he’ll post either Italy, Germany or South Korea after attending BOLC School. He’s ready to start his career, counting down the days until graduation, 118 days. We’re all excited and apprehensive to the unknowns at the same time.

47C7F490-685C-4AB1-8F04-8D8391EDE261.jpeg

30BE7FDA-8481-4AEF-B3BF-C393EE207F7F.jpeg

3D62432F-95FB-4188-9F8C-19CB39936530.jpeg

0A1A2A09-03BF-47D8-B1FF-D9497428CB5A.jpeg

9B52729B-F19C-4747-B8FD-A477C92BEDDF.jpeg

7E28A545-9174-4145-B0E0-99A67C843744.jpeg

533DE88A-37E6-4486-890F-7CBD3AE65501.jpeg

AD8DA8CA-D384-4BE7-AC85-FD85488F4AA2.jpeg

6EF7E460-BCC4-4E0C-B2E4-D92E97E986DE.jpeg

Team Twokidsandadad

1 min ago, JimP said:

Man...I can't believe it's been four years since he entered and you first posted pics!!!!   Congratulations!!  Well done.  

The whole family can be proud.   Good on ya!!  

Jim, including USMAPS ( Prep School) it’s been almost 5 years.. It’s been an Adventure for sure!! Ups and Downs but, well worth it... 

Team Twokidsandadad

32 mins ago, Beach A Cow said:

Jim, including USMAPS ( Prep School) it’s been almost 5 years.. It’s been an Adventure for sure!! Ups and Downs but, well worth it... 

Yup, I was recruited out of Basic Training to go to USAMAPS.  I often wonder if I made the right decision.  Worked out for me in the long run, but now that I am older, I understand exactly what it was I turned down.  

Chemo is a tough branch, often misused and drafted to "fix" other problems in the unit/Brigade.  But being an academy guy he'll put his shoulder forward and drive on.   He'll do you proud.