FishRatz

Another poacher bagged

Rate this topic

124 posts in this topic

Epo checked me last week hauling out at sandwich ramp. Checked my fish and license. I thanked them for fine job they are doing this year. I also asked why don't they confiscate the red center console shown in this thread. He said if they take the boat it costs a lot of money, the state is responsible for it. Must be covered, secured, take inventory, store it, etc. etc, wait for court date and more than likely the Judge will give the boat back to the perp. Typical liberal judges in Mass. I did hear that in Florida, it is a given, if you poach you lose your boat and all your gear. I think I like Southern justice.

A friend is watching this take place at Taylor's Point right now!   Word from the ramp is 220 fish, 90 shorts between 2 guys. :mad:  :mad:  :mad: 

This is the boat. Should of took the Tundra also.

EPO Putting in work in Boston/Quincy Waters last weekend. The ledger mention three men were caught with six illegally sized striped bass, 162 oysters, 56 razor clams, one soft shell clam and one quahog. Police also seized their boat and are seeking to have it forfeited.

The fine is meaningless, but the good news is they seized the boat. That'll at least them slow them down but I'm sure the sleazebags will eventually be back OTW doing the same thing. Slowing the poachers down (as opposed to stopping them completely) is about the best that can be done at this point, the problem is that rampant.

Thanks for posting,

-bd

The fine is meaningless, but the good news is they seized the boat. That'll at least them slow them down but I'm sure the sleazebags will eventually be back OTW doing the same thing. Slowing the poachers down (as opposed to stopping them completely) is about the best that can be done at this point, the problem is that rampant.

Thanks for posting,

-bd

When they nail a dragger with 10000 pounds of illegal fish or a scallopper with "secret compartments" for "over-quota" or "undersize", they seem to never seize the boat. Why is that?

JC

EPO Putting in work in Boston/Quincy Waters last weekend. The ledger mention three men were caught with six illegally sized striped bass, 162 oysters, 56 razor clams, one soft shell clam and one quahog. Police also seized their boat and are seeking to have it forfeited.

Oysters and razor clams and almost zero soft and hard - the fishery is obviously dead

thanks to all of the periwinkle suckers sifting the shores of Quincy

there is no hope for a recovery in my lifetime