Space

Suboxone withdrawal

Rate this topic

257 posts in this topic

Whew...that's a really fast weening.  I've never gotten into opiates(those around me provided enough warning signs to avoid em), outside of the once in a great while indulgent lol.  But stay steadfast.  Your future will be better than your past, if you stick to the path.  I'm no 12 stepper, but I've dropped most of my bad habits, and some of them had a helluva hold on me.  Keep pushing.

Good luck.

A really close. 40 year friend fell through a ceiling about three years back while working in an attic. Crashed down into a kitchen, breaking both bones in his wrist and ****ing up his back. Got hooked on Oxy some time over the intervening years. Was snorting them. Wouldn't return calls or texts, one word answers at the most. I had no idea what was going on. Get a call one day from him, leaving a vm that he has to talk to me. I finally get a hold of him and he tells me about being addicted, and the fact that his son went to my friend's brother to tell him something was wrong with his dad and they needed to get him help. Long story short, at intake at a rehab, he was advised byt he girl doing the intake not to get on the suboxen as that is just as hard to get off. He went cold turkey, basically sleeping away 4 days on whatever they gave him to sleep. Probably the best advice he got there, after reading your story.

I wish you the best.

So today is day 3 since I took my very last little piece, From the horror stories I've read I must be quite lucky as most of the vomiting has stopped, diarrhea/upset stomach is still there but not as bad as yesterday. I have read it comes in waves so I could be in a "calm" right now. Last night was a little rough, but much better than the night before. My joints and muscles are still achy.. The worst thing is the depression... Having taken this for so long my natural serotonin is lack luckster. Today I actually feel decent, I ate some food and kept it down.

Yesterday morning (before I posted this) I had not eating at all the day before and I think My blood sugar dropped down VERY LOW (comparable to the time I had to call ems as it went down to 28) I did not check it but I had the same symptoms (Sweating so intensely until my belly button would fill up and over flow within a minute/ feeling super dizzy becoming disoriented) I recognized this and chugged some fruit juice/gator-aid and some peanut butter.... Which I of coursed puked it up 10 mins later but it stopped the intense sweating/dizzyness and I came out of the disorientation. I've never been diagnosed with diabetes or hypoglycemia but have had one other incident following yesterday mornings. That's what scared me the most of all this hell.

Over all today is not bad and I hope tonight is slightly easier than last night... I feel a little hopefully but only time will tell.

Tomorrow I'll be going to see a Doctor to talk about all this as well as an NA meeting or two.. I'm not huge on twelve steps but I need all the support I can get and talking to people that have been there before me gives me hope.... Thanks everyone for the input!

Anyone have any ideas for vitamins/foods that will help get my natural serotonin and dopamine levels back to normal I would appreciate it!

Thanks again.

-Steve

Posted (edited) · Report post

Things always seem to get worse at night, but I'm doing much better than the two previous ones.... Good news to me, but even tonight I still have severe "Jimmy legs (and arms) It's like my elbow's and knee caps have to be stretched every ten seconds or they ache like hell! The only thing that really is bothering me is that all my hobbies (Especially my favorite, Fishing) has left my mind during the DT's which concerns me.... I use'd to think about it almost every minute of the day but now I cannot focus on anything besides the pain and depression....Although I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.... I'm hopeful that my interests will return, I'm almost sure its part of the process. The night and previous morning after my first post was almost unbearable.... I felt like I was going to die! I came close to giving in and falling into my old ways as I knew that would kill the withdrawals.... But I did not. Fought through it and I think I might be good to go, Dr and N/A tomorrow will hopefully help me conquer this demon which has controlled me for years...

Writing about it is helping me through it.... Though I feel confused and "Spaced out". Hopefully that will fade. Expressing myself helps greatly! Thanks!

-"Spaceman Steve"... for the time being. 

Edited by Space

Keep sharing your thoughts and feelings, the anonymity the internet provides presents the perfect scene for to open up and let it out! 

Sounds like your body is fighting this better that others do, which is great! If time allows, get involved volunteering in something - community/city garden, animal shelter... nothing will raise your natural dopamine levels up better than doing something good for others.

You can beat this, you took the first important step... which is dropping it and leaving it the hell alone. 

Doctors supervision, period. I'm a little scared that you don't even sound sure about what it is. I'm not busting your balls here, just e pressing concern.

I've had several clients who have used this to get off of dope. I'm not sure how your dosage compares, but we always have them closely supervised by a doctor. Setting yourself up for this much pain with no support is a recipe for relapse. Please reach out to another medical professional.

Cousneling? support group? NA?

This is very good advice! I hope you do it. BUT, you need to see a Doctor. Have you tried Kratom?

Space, you are making progress as fast as you can. Have you paid attention to just how long you have been withdrawing and freeing yourself from the clutches of the drug.

It has only been a few days. It takes weeks, not minutes. Your attitude now is what is important, you have to be strong to your convictions. You are almost half way through the hardest part. Very soon it will start getting easier, the aches and pains will diminish as your head clears of the fog you got yourself into.

If you want to do something productive, drink, drink a lot, of water or Gatorade. Go outside and go for a walk. Walk around the block or whatever you have, just do something to get time to pass.

As I said, you are almost done with the hard part, many for you of us are pulling for you.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hang in there, Steve.   My daughter went through the suboxone deal too.   Through her, I knew suboxone is highly addictive and very difficult to get off.   But even though it is an approved drug under doctor's supervision, it is commonly abused just like Oxy.   Before my daughter was weaned off it, some of her junkie friends bought it out on the streets and of course became addicted to it.  They used to beg her to give them any extra suboxone she had because the withdrawal they were going through until they could get more were horrible. 

Edited by GeoffT

This is very good advice! I hope you do it. BUT, you need to see a Doctor. Have you tried Kratom?

I've head of it, But I am really trying to rid myself of any feel good substances including smoking weed..... I want to be completely sober (And still feel good) for the first time in more than 14 years of drinking/drugging. At least that's the goal I've set.

Hang in there, Steve.   My daughter went through the suboxone deal too.   Through her, I knew suboxone is highly addictive and very difficult to get off.   But even though it is an approved drug under doctor's supervision, it is commonly abused just like Oxy.   Before my daughter was weaned off it, some of her junkie friends bought it out on the streets and of course became addicted to it.  They used to beg her to give them any extra suboxone she had because the withdrawal they were going through until they could get more were horrible. 

I have "friends" or more like Ex Friends in the same situation, they buy it on the street... SHOOT IT UP! (which is the dumbest **** I've ever heard of) and call me crying (STILL!), begging for "Just a tiny piece man" When I always give them the same answer "NO". My girlfriend and I moved last year because it got so bad I was paranoid our apartment would get robbed for it..... Only one of my former good friends knew, and when he started to chase the dragon he pretty much told everyone and became a POS Thief (Set up his own house before Christmas and had a few guys break in and steal all the gifts/tv's When his mentally retarded sister was the only one home in her room none the less.) Glad I got the hint long before that happened. You would think if ya got to the point of thinking about robbing your OWN family you would get a clue its time to get some serious help! 

I think some people just can't help but be a POS. He used to be a really kind, nice, generous all in all really good dude..... and within 6 months he was the opposite.

Anyways, Doing good today! I slept Great last night for the first time in what like 4 or 5 days now..... Only symptoms today are my stomach ripping, but other than that I feel good. Heading to the doc here now!! Thanks for listening to my rants/progress!

way to go.  a couple weeks of pain or months is an easy thing to trade for a lifetime of freedom.  put it in the long term perspective. In six - 12 months every day is going to be ****ing awesome.

Anyways, Doing good today! I slept Great last night for the first time in what like 4 or 5 days now..... Only symptoms today are my stomach ripping, but other than that I feel good. Heading to the doc here now!! Thanks for listening to my rants/progress!

Very nice man!! :clap: .....keep it rolling..... :th:

Best.....