Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seal

Nebraska set to abolish the death penalty - "Speed Read"

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

People requested shorter stories. So here's a Speed Read versions of this story, from The Week. :)

Nebraska state lawmakers have voted 32-15 to abolish the death penalty. While Gov. Pete Ricketts has vowed to veto the bill, the current votes are enough to override the veto. The bill garnered the support of conservative lawmakers, who have cited fiscal and religious opposition to the death penalty. Nebraska hasn't executed someone since 1997, but Gov. Ricketts announced last week that the state had bought all three of the drugs required for lethal injection. If the votes hold, Nebraska will be the first conservative-leaning state to repeal the death penalty since 1973. Marshall Bright

BTW:

I'm only against the the death penalty because I don't trust politicians. Not because I'm against killing people.

I'm thinking (hoping) that the horrific murder of that woman police officer in Omaha may have some affect on that "veto-proof" majority in the Legislature...

The maggot that did that needs an ASAP dirt-nap....... :mad:

I'm thinking (hoping) that the horrific murder of that woman police officer in Omaha may have some affect on that "veto-proof" majority in the Legislature...

The maggot that did that needs an ASAP dirt-nap....... :mad:

I think he has started his nap already...

I think he has started his nap already...

Just saw that....thanks.....that awful case is a grim but good reminder of why we should absolutely have the DP as an option IMO.....

I fed this weirdo his last meal in Maine before NE came and got him for execution.

A really strange guy.

Wanted to know why he didn't have a knife to cut up his pork chop.

Yeah, right.........

post-12763-0-04331300-1432321716.png