Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dunkercrusher28

Yo-Zuri Mag Darter - Loading one?

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

hey guys - wondering if anyone has loaded a mag darter yet w/ water or BBs like you would a redfin or bomber? going to load a couple of mine this weekend but wanted to see if anyone has done it w/ any success yet before i ruin a $20 lure - if so has the action remained consistent? 

thanks

Does't that have a sliding weigh in it, l wouldn't be putting anything in it. lf the weight does't return to were it's suppose to be after the cast you could louse the action. l have loaded a lot of plugs and have a lot of wall hanger because they don't work any more ,l use the Mag Darter quite often did feel a mead to load it.

lf you do it repost as to your finding.

Does't that have a sliding weigh in it, l wouldn't be putting anything in it. lf the weight does't return to were it's suppose to be after the cast you could louse the action. l have loaded a lot of plugs and have a lot of wall hanger because they don't work any more ,l use the Mag Darter quite often did feel a mead to load it.

lf you do it repost as to your finding.

yes that is my worry, that loading it will mess up the internal weightings - its such a good lure though would love to be able to throw it with my bigger rods so going to see if i can add some more weight without messing up its action - going to load one and try it out friday night will report back with some fish or wall art. 

I would say there's no harm in trying, worst case the lure is not that great, best case it works well. Either way it's a learning experience and trying new things and figuring things out for yourself is an important part of being successful in the surf.

Also, I wouldn't worry about action, its highly over rated. I've had a lot of success with a bomber loaded with 15-20 bbs. Damn thing would swim on its side but in the right conditions it would catch the hell out of bass.

Posted (edited)

Drew C is right, we all know what works out of the box, it's taking that extra steep that sets you apart from the other. l have set some trends in quest for stripbass. on clear sided plugs have loaded them with red transmission gave it a red translucent color, was good when sand worms hatch.

And you could always unload the plug if it,s totally screwed up.

l liked that wall art. 

Edited by lberthelon

very good advice guys - especially like the idea of filling a clear one - a red liquid should work very well when bay anchovies are on the menu as well. will report back on monday with my findings. 

With the weight transfer system inside is there much room left to load ? I hope it works would love it a bit heavier with that same action. Good luck,following along...

hey Qwik - i loaded it with about 8cc baby oil (doesn't evaporate like water) - but fished a crappy south wind all weekend and had to use my bigger plugs to punch through it - will be back at it as soon as works done this week and conditions looks nice to test it out - will definitely follow up w/ results. 

A quick question dunker, 8cc enough to fill up mag darter full no?

Does the bearings inside still move back and forth at all?

yes filled it - but i have not really put it to use yet waiting for more cooperative conditions so i can really watch/ feel how the plug is acting - will report back on monday.