Strange Events While Fishing

Rate this topic

TomR

Reading Ismail's thread made me think about the people I run into fishing in the middle of the night.

I usually fish on a bridge and lots of strange things happen. It is the main way in and out of town.

The one thing sticks in my mind the most.

A 65 mustang is driving down the bridge and stops on the bridge. A good looking woman gets out and comes over to the side of the bridge. She takes off a diamond ring and flings it into the bay. She explained to me that she had come to town and surprised her fiancee who was hanging out in a bar with another women. I think the guy made a bad choice the ring flinger looked great and had a 65 mustang.

How about you guys anything interesting happen? We sort of touched on this before with animals but maybe there are occurences which weren't told yet.

Fishing in Asbury Park, walked down the stairs at 2 in the AM with my fishing partner, and saw a strange shape in the dark, we both put on our neck lights, and there were to guys, locked together. My buddy exclaims, hey look, one broke down, and the others giving him a push.

It was not a pretty sight, but you know what, the 2 guys never missed a beat, and just kept going, and going and going.

Suntzu - I knew there was a reason I wanted to fish with you wink.gif....well....maybe only 1 in three times...cwm24.gif

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

I was fishing a local lake and wakied out on to a rock outcropping and low and behold 2 gorgeous ladies . We chatted for a few minutes then parted ways . hehehehe

Gottog

there were some crabs on the corpse but Brian grabbed them up and into his pockets !

A few years ago (well maybe 15), I was spending a quite late summer afternoon on the deserted ocean beach between Amaghansett and Montauk with my girlfriend. Around sundown, a surfcaster in a beach buggy pulls up in front of us and starts casting to a blitz. So we get up off our blanket and go down to the waters edge to watch. At this time, my date sees all the rainbait being pushed up on the shore from the blitzing bass. Feeling sorry for baitfish, she takes off her T-shirt and starts scooping them up and throwing them back. The angler and myself froze and looked at each other because she was topless without a care in the world, except to get those anchovies back in the waterbiggrin.gif We're still together.

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

Well, since I live near San Francisco, the fruit and nuts capital of the world I can touch on a few. Like plugging after midnight near Lands End. (For you East Coast guys think in the beginning of the Clint Eastwood / Dirty Harry movie where the chick kills the guy in the car) Very dark and foggy and having some guy come out and howl at the moon or the guy playing the bagpipes up on the rocks behind you at 3:00 in the morning those will cause the hair to rise on the back of your neck.

Then there was the old lady that lived near one spot that whenever we saw her she'd tell us that somebody got murdered there last night. She told this story to us for years with different variations. Hey if fishing was slow it was always good for a laugh. She was a great storyteller used to spook the newbies. Then finding the satanic altar on Bakers beach with all the trimmings thankfully that was during the day but it still gave me the willies. Then my favorite for me was fishing a spot near the Golden Gate, there was a rough sandy trail down through the brush and trees. It was a little before daylight and I was flying down the trail leaping from spot to spot to get down to the rocks. I jumped to a spot in the ravine and landed on what turned out to be a rug. But it was not just a rug there was a guy rolled up inside. I swear! I musta flew through the air twenty feet totally grossed out. Thinking I just stepped on a dead guy! Yuck But scared the heck out of me the most was it groaned and sat up. Some guy had decided to sleep there. Without slowing down I yelled back for him to get the **ck out of the way. Didn't realize how much it got me until later

Winch you reminded me of another one.

Some of you may be familiar with this place. Surprise Lake in the watchung reservation. One night we were bored and took a ride up there to through surface stuff at LMB. We ae fishing having a good time when we hear drums. We follow the trial around the lake and can see the flicker of a camp fire up the hill. We start to climb the hill to see what ts about and this dude jumps out from behind a tree wearing shorts, a red satin cape with a pentagram painted on his fat hairy chest. After thoroughly wetting ourselves we run in the opposite direction, up the hill to the parking lot and flag down a county patrol car. we tell the cop our tale, he laughs, and tells us some satanic group got a permit to use the old boy scout camp for their summer jamboree.

suntzo i no all to well about that place one night i was driving thru the park and out of nowhers comes the truck full of hood wearing people tailing us for what seemed like 2miles then they turned back of in to the woods

some really scarry stuff happens up their

------------------

2bassin around