Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

New Fluke Jig

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Saw this in a tackle shop recently as a fairly new offering. This is a 2 oz. model in a "stainless" jig head finish. Apart from the ordinary terminal tackle (barrel swivel and split ring), the jig head is interesting.

I was just informed that this particular model is a LEAD-FREE version. icon25.gif

Company that makes them is "Tidaltails Lure & Tackle" - I think they're based in Westchester, NY.

Any feedback?

newflukejig.jpg

[This message has been edited by fishweewee (edited 04-18-2003).]

I've been fishing a similar rig (only difference is that the one i use has a complete round chrome ball in front) for about 3 years now in NC.. they catch!!

whatever you do.. never ever ever put a plain hook with a pork rind 30 inches behind it... that is if you want to keep your arms in their sockets!! cwm12.gif

------------------

My parents said practice makes perfect... Then when things went wrong they comforted me with "Nobody's perfect".

I have combined their wisdom to form my own slogan..

"Nobody's perfect so why practice!"

Yup, me personally I'm a fan of bucktail jigs (pour my own now). Some styles of bucktail jigs work better than others, though.

Can't disagree with what Billy40 said either.

Danno - my local tackle shop spotted me this one as a sample.

Anyhoo - since it was new (???) thought I'd post a pic, nuttin' more.

-WW

It's a musketball jig with an aerodynamic head wink.gif

If you wanna catch fluke on a jig, go to the store and spend 2 bucks on a white bucktail, put a strip bait on it, and play around with the presentation until ya get bites!

Like Billy said, fluke'll bite anything as long as you present it right!

------------------

SOL #787

TEAM CEO

Anyhoo - since it was new (???) thought I'd post a pic, nuttin' more.

Please note the picture was taken on WeeWee's kitchen tabl, which means he's one of teh $5 Fluke jig guys. lol. FWW - pay no attention to me, I'd swear up and down that adding 3 strands of flash will make a Fluke bite, and that pink over white is more effective than all pink.

Anything you feel confident in will work. That's probably true of 70% of all teh fishing we do. Just look at how many gus catch fish (any fish) - everyone using teh "one lure that worked". If there are 20 guys using diffrent "one lure that worked's", there wthere are 20 lures that worked. Know what I mean?

What would Mr. Granpappy Fluke think about all these lures "we have to have" in roder to catch fluke? He'd show up with a hook, 100# leader, and win pool after pool, while I sat there changing jigs all day. lol.