Opening Weekend No Fish

Rate this topic

Net-Time

Yeah, obviously a cow full of eggs. Too bad they couldn't let her continue her trip to the flats.

There could be hope that she is post spawn. I was reading reports from some charters down around Solomons and they're reporting post spawn fish where the roe sacks are empty.

(*member formerly known as 'rookie surf')

There could be hope that she is post spawn. I was reading reports from some charters down around Solomons and they're reporting post spawn fish where the roe sacks are empty.

Hopefully. People are stingy and won't release pre-spawn fish. The photo didn't do much justice as to how fat that fish was. It was a lot wider than any similar length striper I have caught.

Edited by asrodowski

If you can dream it, I can meme it.

We fished half a day on Saturday in the lower Potomac off Clements and hooked up on 2 fish , one slot at 37.5 and one keeper at 45" . It was post spawn . Another boat fishing in that area also caught a nice fish that was post spawn so some are making their way back down. Yesterday a friend of mind fished near Colton's Point and managed two keepers and 2 slot. 1 long skinny male and one female pre spawn .