Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nick the Striper man

Site Slow

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

In all my years on this site, it has never been slower or more difficult to search since the recent "upgrade." Anyone else experiencing same? I have apple ipad, newer model, 8 months old. Site worked perfect until recent "upgrade."

It wasn't an upgrade, it was a complete conversion from a proprietary format to one that is much more flexible - the problem is, there were a lot of image conversion issues - so until they are fixed, I can't customize beyond changing colors and stuff. As soon as they finish fixing all the remaining conversion issues, I can finish making the site more user friendly.

As far as slow goes - today I did four substantial database updates - each time pretty much ground the site to a halt for 10 or minutes each time.

As far as the search goes, put what you are looking for inside quotes - you'll find it every time. You can now search through different categories - member, images, help files, posts, forums, threads, etc, etc. Take five minutes and look at the search options and features. It works great, it's just different than the previous software.

As always, since 1999, if you have a question you can email me or PM me directly and I will generally respond very quickly.

TimS