St Croix Triumph Surf Vs Mojo Surf

Rate this topic

NYIsles55

I have both a triumph and a mojo. I prefer the triumph to the mojo because it isn't as stiff as the mojo. It really depends on what your preference is. Throwing light bucktails and swimmers such as bombers or redfins the triumph is much better. The mojo handles heavier plugs and eels better. Imo it really depends on what type of fishing you plan on doing with the rod as well as preference. 

I have both 10'6" Mojos and an 8' Triumph, my friend has the 9' Triumph and I've used it a little bit.  I had a 9' 1-4 Mojo but broke it and traded for the 3/4-4 10'6".  The Triumphs are stiffer than the lighter Mojos, and maybe even stiffer than the heavy ones too.  They aren't bad, but I didn't like how stiff they are.

You have to determine if the extra money is worth it to get a rod that casts a little farther and is a little softer.  To me, it was worth it.

The triumph 10 1-4 is much softer then the mojo 10 1-4 and this is stiffer then the 10 6 mojo 3/4 to 4 get the 10 1-4 triumph.

I cant believe I keep replying to all these same theeads started by you. Everyone I open is basically the same. I wanna send you a lure for sucking me in.

You win a prize! Hopefully your fishing by the summer. When the day comes you finally find that perfect rod! Start a thread showing everyone what tou got and I am gonna send you some starter stuff.

The only negative (potentially, depending on the space you have in your vehicle) is that the Mojo is a 70/30 split... but I like that rod in every other way over the triumph

Thus the longer part can be like transporting a 7 or 8 ft one piece rod

Edited by albacized

The only negative (potentially, depending on the space you have in your vehicle) is that the Mojo is a 70/30 split... but I like that rod in every other way over the triumph

Thus the longer part can be like transporting a 7 or 8 ft one piece rod

This can be a major pain in the butt and the main reason I sold my 10'-6" mojo.

I have some experience with the Mojo Surf 3/4-4. I love the feel of the rod and moderate action, but I've had the same problem twice now. I fished it heavily last fall and the reel seat became loose. To the point that it was spinning on the handle so I taped it up and that held up well until the end of the season. Sent her back to St. Croix under the warranty and got a replacement with no problems. I've started fishing the replacement this spring and the reel seat has already become loose while only tossing bait. I've taped it again and it will send it back to St. Croix at the end of this season, but this will be my last Mojo rod. I'll be using their upgrade program. I've read that a lot of other people have the same problem with the Mojos.