ltruong110

Newbies Look Here! Revised 4-1-2018 To be made current. Added new categories

Rate this topic

419 posts in this topic

I hope this is where I ask for advice still kinda new ok so I'm looking  to shore cast from the canal using poppers I was told that the saragosa 10000 is really good but I saw something saying it has a level wind Don't a level wind stop you from casting far these are the one I've been looking at

Screenshot_20190321-081513_Chrome.jpg

Hello all. New to this site.  I have read threads here as a non member recently and decided to join. I have dabbled a bit in the surf a bit but it’s time for more. Looking forward to learn from you all

West Marine has some good sales on older generation chart plotter fish finders and transducers. 

They come with g2 maps, which you can upgrade once for free  to g3 maps that have navionics integration.

Thanks to all. Plan on doing some shore fishing in Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico. Normally fish off my boat but want to try some shore fishing. Have some reading to do. Cheers

I have been seeing SeaKnight Rapid showing up in almost every top 5 I've seen in regards to surf spinning reels.  The madness behind it is the cost at 40 bucks for a 6000 series reel.  I'm a firm believer in the you get what you pay for motto but for starting out, trying out, why not?  

Has anyone tried it?

Newbie here, went through all these postings, great info, wrote out two pages of info, now to do more research. Just getting back into fishing after 45 years, my my, how things have changed! Looking forward to checking out the rest of this site and thank all to the contributing members for sharing knowledge and their experiences that's what makes this site so valuable.

New member here,  but a long time lurker.

Just wanna say thanks for taking time and posting this thread.

I’m also thankful I found this site, lots of good members and great info.

Posted (edited) · Report post

That is great information.  An addition to the wader list - FroggTogg waders are pretty inexpensive and last at least 1 year *

Edited by TimS
Please don’t post commercial links here - only editors and advertisers can post them - thanks.