Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Sappington

Future Of Oyster Bay & Fenwick Tackle

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Hope they stay open. With Capt. Macs closing, there is no place in Fenwick to get gear. Sues Fenwick store is small but you could still get the basic stuff.

Hope they stay open. With Capt. Macs closing, there is no place in Fenwick to get gear. Sues Fenwick store is small but you could still get the basic stuff.

Hook em and cook em right up the road in S. Bethany has a lot of gear and tackle.

Yea, they are good people too. That store almost closed a few years ago until Bert/Bart ? Took over. My place is on 54 so I had to drive rite past Macs or Sues to get to the beach.

From what I have heard they will reopen which is very good news. I doubt anyone can step in to fill Sue's shoes though, but I know many who use that shop regularly. I think a surf tournament in honor of Sue Foster should be arranged.

John

John, that's a great idea. I'm in. Cept I never catch anything from the beach. I always read her articles and enjoyed them very much.

PS. I will be in Fenwick Tuesday afternoon sometime.

Both stores are open, go to their facebook page to get hours. Sue's husband Bob Foster is continuing the tradition...Bob is an experienced fisherman and ex tackle wholesaler who knows the business well.

Edited by allen sklar