Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - April 2015

Rate this topic

211 posts in this topic

I found this odd looking creature while walking DSSP Wednesday morning.  I wonder if it's an indigenous species?  Seemed like it put up a good fight because when I turned it over it had a hook in its mouth attached to 10 inches of mono.

attachicon.gifIMG_2978.jpg

I've seen them in oc but no where else

Maybe this will cool off SPSP. I was there Saturday just to get the rust off and only one short was caught on the entire beach.

There is also a snag monster out there...got me twice.

Nice fish Johnny K. Seems like its getting going, spent a good part of the weekend cleaning up the boat , now to sneak away from work for a day.

Thanks, good luck getting out!

I remember last year people talking about the "new fishing pier" lol. All they did was restructure the jetty so you don't kill yourself!

The point is always really good this time of year, however; there are several other really good spots in and around the area, out of all those other spots I would make SPSP my last, and well the other my first, but you will here no mention of that spot from me.

Quick Blackfish question for anyone willing to help...i got into blackfishing last year at a popular rocky spot in the Rehoboth area off the shore but have still yet to catch a keeper.  I am coming down next weekend and was wondering is it to early to start targeting them?

Thank you in advance

The point is always really good this time of year, however; there are several other really good spots in and around the area, out of all those other spots I would make SPSP my last, and well the other my first, but you will here no mention of that spot from me.

there's a certain locationa few miles south I would have loved to fish all this month but getting a pass is nearly impossible with my work schedule and location.

Dudefishing, I agree, spsp is just closest for me especially for evening runs, 1h45m each way. There are a few other spots I've found on google earth I wanna try as well, they sure do look fishy.

Fried is an understatement Martzy.

These days people are just racing to burn their own spots.

I would consider a post for SPSP a spot burn, but I guess once it is blown up, it doesn't count anymore.

Fried is an understatement Martzy.

These days people are just racing to burn their own spots.

I would consider a post for SPSP a spot burn, but I guess once it is blown up, it doesn't count anymore.

Its crazy, I guess some people like the first day of trout season type fishing. I think that p&s site usually blows it up pretty bad. Luckily I was in my pup spot last week so I didn't have to find out first hand. Especially spsp, there's about 200 yards to fish. Oh well, I don't fish there after the bay season opens anyway, I personally don't like seeing the egg laden cows getting toted out.

Anyway, I'm ready for the first black ugly of the year and start putting the miles on chasing the sissy fish. VA to Mass, I'm ready, I love the prework and prep almost as much as fishing.....almost. I also have a highly probable hookup with a friend who knows a guy that flies out to block island frequently, sounds promising. I can't begin to explain the excitement and anticipation i feel for this sport, God i love it.

I personally don't like seeing the egg laden cows getting toted out.

Amen to that!  If the fish are truly in trouble, and it seems they are, we shouldn't be killing any...especially the larger ones...just my opinion. 

The bay is still C&R, so starting this coming weekend it will get seriously crowded.

SPSP is one place that it doesn't really matter much if you post about it or not ... unless the weather is bad there are always people there and there's a limited amount of space.

Like Andy said, do yourself a favor and go on Google Earth and find some new spots to try ... you may find a place that's got good fishing and only a few locals competing for the space  :)