Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - April 2015

Rate this topic

211 posts in this topic

I'll be in Chestertown, MD, either pre or post Mother's Day & would like to fish some of the local ocean beaches.

Any suggestions & what MD and/or DE restrictions for us out-of-stater's - I'm NY ???

Thanks All

The only restriction I can think of is you have to pay more for your license. If I had a choice, I'd do post mothers day.

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but...

Was bored after work and decided to hit the local creek/spillway area for signs of life/bait (new castle county).  About 30 minutes after I arrived a found myself in the middle of a large Yellow Perch run- thousands of fish everywhere trying to jump up the spillway/waterfall area.  It was very cool and I had never seen Yellow Perch in this fashion before.  Next thing I know the guy across the water from me hooks into a very large fish.  I never got an up close look but based on location and size I'm guessing it was a Tiger Musky.

Am I correct in thinking that the white perch and shad shouldn't be far behind the yellows?

I'm going out for the first time this weekend I will likely visit my go to spot on principal just because I need to know if everything is as it should be I saw someone reported herring in the Potomac river last week

Small pond, less than 1/2 acre close by the house that never gets fished.  The LM have overpopulated and stunted themselves.  In 4 years of fishing, have never seen anything bigger than 12-13", most are 7-10".  Perch are rare, even with a kid and a worm and bobber.

Fish is back on the menu!

post-52192-0-30119400-1428599649_thumb.jpg

Someone at sebastian inlet got this picture a few days ago. They said they watched this Bobcat stalk the shore line and it ran out grab this 4 foot shark. They didnt have pictures of it eating the shark. Bobcat 1 shark 0.

post-49516-0-83936800-1428696828.png

The shark My son and I caught yesterday off canaveral national park with finger mullet . This was the second landed, my son brought in a Bonit earlier off shrimp. Sharks are heading north. Had my rod pulled down 3 times before we hooked this one.

post-49516-0-01493700-1428697249_thumb.jpg

There should be some random black drum photos showing up soon - I hope. The beach has looked, and smelled, darn fishy this week. I just wish I had the time to try....  :mad: work  :mad:  boooooo.....

Someone at sebastian inlet got this picture a few days ago. They said they watched this Bobcat stalk the shore line and it ran out grab this 4 foot shark. They didnt have pictures of it eating the shark. Bobcat 1 shark 0.

That's amazing....................if that's a 4' shark, that's a huge bobcat ! and very smart !!!!

That's amazing....................if that's a 4' shark, that's a huge bobcat ! and very smart !!!!

That was the report and it was told to me by the local bait shop on Wednesday morning about the bobcat. The bait shop said it was a large bobcat. If you go to sebastian inlet Web site. The picture is on there with the report. I never thought a bobcat would hunt on the beach and take anything like that. Looks like it wasn't the first time that bobcat went fishing. It knew what to do.