Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
john1234

Tactical Anglers Clip Confidence

Rate this topic

85 posts in this topic

Yea they're good but I would stay away from the 50lb they tend to stay bent after some use....I started using the 75lb this year and they seem like they are perfect...not to big not small just right!!

....I started using the 75lb this year and they seem like they are perfect...not to big not small just right!!

Cannot use on small plugs and metals w/o o rings

Cannot use on small plugs and metals w/o o rings

Yea no size really works well without split rings on metal....never had s problem with any plugs.

I have full confidence in the TA's.

Back when we were allowed to fish there (  :mad: ) I used to use the 75's way up on a bridge where fish under 28" had to be winched 40'+ straight up, flopping and thrashing the entire way.

Never had one fail. Did have a 16# bluefish that went nuts about 30' up bend the arm a little once, but not even enough to stop using the clip.

Not taking anything away from the BreakAways, I like them too, but more so in the very small freshwater size and not for an extreme use like the bridge. 

Also, I was given a medium and large pack of the Sea Striker Fast Clips to try out (friends own a tackle shop), I have to look again but think they may be repackaged BreakAways. What ever, they work great.

Fished them in a NJ big fish blitz, horsing fish in the mid to upper 20# class, and they worked fine.

Given the choice I'll always go with the TA's, especially for extreme use purposes (like a bridge), but in a pinch and in the smallest freshwater sizes I'm also good with the BreakAways.