Do You Have Too Much Gear On Your Kayak?

I am not a minimalist. Lots of guys are. Told myself when I purchased my PA that I would add what I needed but would not make it look like a rigged up car from the ghetto. Now, my kayak is looking like something CHEECH would ride. Do you have a kayak that has too much crap on it?

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

It does seem to be a natural progression:

1.) Get kayak

2.) Get obsessive about getting all the gadgets

3.) Spend more time  attaching and searching for kayak gadgets then kayaking

4.) Go kayaking  and realize you don't use most of the stuff anyway.

5.) Still take all the stuff, cause you might need it and spent all that time and money.

6.) Leave most of it at home and go back to why you wanted a kayak, it's simple and stress free!

7.) Post on forums about how you have gone full circle and back to basics.

My name is Jack and I am a Kayaker!

Edited by Bulldog

Just wanna fish!
DMS#1157    NCBBA#11293     NJBBA#4597

Yellow Eyed Devil from the beginning!

It does seem to be a natural progression:

1.) Get kayak

2.) Get obsessive about getting all the gadgets

3.) Spend more time  attaching and searching for kayak gadgets then kayaking

4.) Go kayaking  and realize you don't use most of the stuff anyway.

5.) Still take all the stuff, cause you might need it and spent all that time and money.

6.) Leave most of it at home and go back to why you wanted a kayak, it's simple and stress free!

7.) Post on forums about how you have gone full circle and back to basics.

My name is Jack and I am a Kayaker!

Your not fully cured until you reach Step 8!

8.) Sell all that stuff you don't need.

2014 Hobie Revo

17.5 Greenland Stich n Glue

Ascend 115

Well, I have had a bit of a setback, just bought inflatable pool noodles six inch by six foot, to put along gunnels inside boat to be a safety thing, pop them in and inflate shouldn't go anywhere, I'll probably take them out and  sell this fall, paid $12 for four including shipping, look for them in the BST! 

It is the circle of life!.....jack

Just wanna fish!
DMS#1157    NCBBA#11293     NJBBA#4597

Yellow Eyed Devil from the beginning!

Just bring a white popper, 2 swimmers, 3 leadheads, some superflukes, sibiki rig, and a weighted treble and your all set.

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

I had an anchor trolly that I installed and used a few times but after a while took it off and now just clip my drift chute to the Handel on either side of the yak.

Then I had a soft cooler I would put stuff in with a few bottles of water, now my tackle for the day goes in a plastic bag and I throw in a couple of bottles of water in the foot well and that's it.

Yeah, let's see pics of this pimped pool toy.

As soon as I get all of the crap off of it that has accumulated over the winter, then I will post a pic. When I DO post a pic most of you will think it is no big deal and that you have seen kayaks rigged way more than mine is. To ME it just feels like I added a lot. I think it is the cooler and the PVC rod holder setup in the back that has given me that feeling.

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.