Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Go to Starbucks for a cup o' joe and a discussion on race relations

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

of course you will! 99% of dd profits go over seas in third world country's! 86% of dd are owned by non American's!

Starbucks is the only co that pay's there workers $15.00 to start full medical benefit's and offer full collage paid in full if you stay with the company and Starbucks pays for most of the events that support our vets!

so I don't mind paying $5.00 for my cup of coffee! they don't hire illegal workers!

in the dictionary under the word "cheep it says see Gotcow!":hooked:

spell got me!

I wish Starbuck's coffee didn't suck, but to me, it does. I buy my morning coffee at the gas station.

When I was younger I loved Starbucks. Now it is too strong and tastes too harsh. I rarely drink it anymore.

I like my own Chock Full O Nuts. Nothing better than coming back home after a bizness trip with bad coffee every morning and brewing up my own pot just the way I like it.

BTW, if one of these Starbucks weenies tried to start that with me it would not go well.

Great suggestion from the Claremont group.

Ask the next barista you encounter to discuss the future of affirmative action when whites become the minority.

Do not leave the line until you get a satisfactory answer-from a womens studies dolt.  That should take at least a few hours.

Starbucks is expensive. Their clientele is pretty well-to-do. Is this the demographic where racism is rampant or is it more likely to be rampant in the demographic of people who pour coffee in a coffee shop?

If you're just buying coffee, Starbucks is right in line with the competition price wise. At my old office, there were seven coffee shops within walking distance. Starbucks had the cheapest large cup of coffee of all of them - go figure.

Now, if you're buying green tea lattes with 2 pumps of white mocha, it's a totally different story.

Oh, and this race stuff is just dumb. I REALLY don't want to talk race relations with a Starbucks barista. "So, your insights on the world have led you to a career making coffee drinks and ringing a register. Please tell me your thoughts on racism, my interest is piqued."

Oh, and this race stuff is just dumb. I REALLY don't want to talk race relations with a Starbucks barista. "So, your insights on the world have led you to a career making coffee drinks and ringing a register. Please tell me your thoughts on racism, my interest is piqued."

Exactly. I wonder what business school taught this cep that getting minimum wage employees to condescend customers is good practice? I guess they knew they would get the free press and that overcomes any negative effects.