Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rightcoast

Homemade Duplicator

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

building a duplicator found great resources using the search feature. My question is what cutting bit is preferred and any help locating a quality bit would be appreciated.

Eddie

Paul, I ask this with all admiration for your building abilities, does anyone ever ask you if you maybe overbuild things just a teensie weensie bit? That is a dupe on titanium steroids there, my Vega is a rubber band compared to that thing.

The thumb cutouts are a nice touch.

And to stay on topic, yeah, insert cutters.

LOL. It is what I do. Don' t really know any other way at this point.

That dup is as basic as it gets, old school, just look fancy. Your Vega is way more technically advanced.:)

Hey not to high jack this thread but was wondering if Paul made the cutters? I have one that is similar to his on my vega. I found someone who makes them but he doesn't have anymore.

Are you asking about the inserts or the holder that goes into the Vega that the insert go into? I make the holders. The inserts are carbide and must be bought by me but I got some. P.

The cutter holders and inserts are common machine shop tools.  Do a google search on Manhatten Supply or Mcmaster-Carr.  The available selections will boggle your mind.