Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
puff tentacle

Anybody try these Berkley Inshore Rods yet?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I went to Fishermans World in Norwalk Ct. and was looking at some high end factory rods (gloomis, Lami's, St.Croix) The owner pointed to these Berkley Inshore Rods and said that those rods for the price $59, are the greatest value in the store. They felt real nice for that price point. I just bought a new Lamiglas BL6620 so I didn't get a Berkley rod that day, but I am curious to know if anyone on SOL has tried these rods yet and what they think of them. Could be similiar to " The Lep Stick"

Yes, I bought one last Winter and used during the Spring / Summer 2015 season.  I have the 7ft spinning rod (10-20lb) paired with a Penn Battle 2 - 3000 with 20 lb braid.

It is a very light rod, nano-carbon technology, durable.  I landed many 8-10 lb class bluefish using 1-1.5 oz poppers all Spring.   Then used it for bucktailing fluke- up to 3 oz spros no issues at all.

I too agree, at $60 it is a great value.   Blue rod with white thread wraps,

I'm planning to pick up the same rod in the conventional model for the upcoming season.

I learned about this rod down in FLA last Winter..  Guides I fish with down there use them on Redfish and Snook..  They were big fans of All Star rods and mentioned that this Berkley Inshore is built to the similar specks.  Don't know, just passing along what I was told.

I picked one up last season as well, got the 7' med-light and paired it with a stradic 2500. I got it to throw for trout and drum. I Iove the look/feel/weight of the rod, its def worth 60 bucks; but unfortunately I've only caught little junk fish with it so far. I look forward to testing it further on some big fish this spring.

I have a 7foot spinning rod that I used last summer and fall-  cought some albies and bass 'n bloofish on the rod.  it workedfine for all things I asked of it.  the handle/reel seat still feels weird in my hand- as if it needs a longer butt section on the handle.     and I find myself using other rods more as a result

Edited by bobber

On 1/21/2016 at 2:53 PM, obxdreamin said:

I look forward to testing it further on some big fish this spring.

Any additional to report on the rods?    How's it holding up?  Throw its weight range well?