Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Micodese

Marble look

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I seen black talon made. I was just wondering how he did it. I saw a company that sells the paint for the marble look and was thinking about if he made his own concoction or bought it already made.1872749

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simp View Post

I think he's got that recipe locked in his safe. Lol

Well I think I might have stumbled onto his safe and cracked it.:D

Here's  I did last season. very simple, easy to do.  paint you base color on your plug, let dry. then--------->

1.Get a bucket full  w/water

2.Get some model paints in the little bottles 

3.drop a few drops in the water, then another color.

4. Dip your plug in an pull out w/ a TWIST, that's it.

5. Let dry. Finnish 

6. every plug will have a DIFFERENT PATTERN on it NO 2 will be the same.

GOOD LUCK GOOD DIPPIN

those are awesome!!!

here's one I did kinda like that, i just laid down a TON of base coat, while that was still wet, I put on some accent colors, then emptied the airbrush of color and just used the air to push the paint on the plug around and swirl it..

Similar to what john said, I lay down the base color and let it dry. Hit it with the second color a little heavy. Immediately drop it onto a piece of tin foil, and then roll the plug/foil in you hand.

I'm not sure how Black Talon does his marble look but here's how I've done mine. The way in which I dip the plug depends on the type of plug I'm doing, thinner profile I do in a 2 liter soda bottle with the top cut off and dip tail first while twisting the plug. Wider profile plugs or more bouyant plugs I use a 3 liter bottle with part of the side cut out and I lay the bottle on its side to dip the plug back first letting it fade to the belly area. Now for paint I've used Testors model paints just dripping it into the water then using a toothpick to drag a bit of a swirl into it but recently I've been using nail polish. I lije using the nail polish a bit more because I can mix several different colors and create different colors with different shimmers. The only real downfall with nail polish is that you have to work quicker. You don't have as long of a working time with the nail polish as you do with the model paints. Here's a few I've done:

Just curious...if your base layer is water based like createx, what happens after you dip it in the water bucket?

I'm not honestly sure. I use a brush on primer (2 coats) and then a coat of etex so I have a nice smooth surface for the paint to lay on.