Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASrod

What's your biggest fish on light/ultralight tackle?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

No scale that day - 30+" Tiger Musky on a trout spinner with 6lb test. Whole fight was amazing- tip of the lip om a 1/8th white rooster tail- got her out of a brush pile and did a good C&R. Saw her again a few days later.

37" 27 lb king salmon on the Oswego river on 8 lb test. Took 50 minutes to bring in using a new noodle rod and penn 430ss. That was 27 years ago and still have the setup but haven't used it since.

The rainbow in my avatar was 27 inches. Probably over 10 pounds. Had a belly full of eggs so she was quickly released so i have no clue what she actually weighed. Caught on ultra light 4.5 ft st croix with 2 lb test

Ten foot plus bull shark on a jigging outfit dragged up from almost 300 ft. The line was 130# JBHC but no standup tackle. Fought on Jigger 5000p (4/0 size reel) and 500g rod that weights less than 15oz from a pretty much dead boat. No plans of doing that again.

14-14 bluefish on 4-pound Tournament Ande (before I knew better than to do such things).

Also quite a few decent makos and blue sharks on 20-pound Tournament Ande, but that's a different kind of "light tackle" and doesn't belong in the same conversation.