Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oldfordtruck

East Patchogue Estate Sale

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Just checked my email and found out there was an Estate Sale in East Patchogue today with a basement filled with fishing stuff i.e. lure building equipment, reels etc. Was wondering if anyone went. I could post the link to the Sale but not sure if that is cool.

Hey do you know if there was anything left? Tried looking for it but nothing on CL.

I heard there wasn't much left if anything. I emailed the Estate Sale Company and requested they open the house up again. I will PM you the link.

I have a Klams plug or two floating around in the basement. The one I know I have is a knockoff of a Jack Frech design, a large, floating bunker, that he'd described in detail in The Fisherman. They were sold at a tackle store, name forgotten and store long gone, in Port Jefferson.

RIP Mr. Klam, whatever his name may have been, and RIP Jack "The Professor" Frech ... he's been gone, what, 20+ years now?

He made all kinds of lures starting I believe in the 60's may have been earlier than that and continuing into the 80's he was a private individual and a very nice man, his lures were as far as I am concerned as well made as a lot of the other makers of his day. Below is a list of lures he made.

Bottle Plugs all sizes

Danny's all Sizes

Darters all sizes

Lipless Swimmers all Sizes

Little necks all sizes

Needlefish different styles

Pencil Poppers

Cuttyhunk style poppers

Foam Style Juniors

Foam Style Poppers

Tins all types and sizes

Needlefish different styles

He was a talented and skilled man and made some very nice lures.