Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cleatis

Lets see your wood burner !

Rate this topic

97 posts in this topic

Woodstove, fire place, or anything else that burns it up!

Here's mine a 1929 Heart Oak #2 P&B mfg. Nashville TN

I get the house crankin to 70 or so. Not real efficient but its a little banger!

Ive had it for a long time but finally put it in a few days after the hurricane.

and am stocked to the bajeesus with wood because of it. Its going to get a workout these next couple days.

I did the brick work and marble and made the deflector.

How efficient are the fireplace inserts? I assume it puts more heat into the room than a normal fireplace would suck out.

I saved this one from a trailer out in the woods.

It heats my garage and shop building and does so quite well.

Hi J. Nice job restoring that stove restoration. Question, how did you prep it for painting - wire wheel, sandblast, etc.?

Helluva job, J.  That's a beauty!

I'm in the process of redo'ing mine.  Swapping out the carpet for hardwood, and the regency wood stove for a pellet stove.  At least I won't have to deal with chopping wood every fall, not that I ever minded it in the first place :why:  Hell, an old friend of mine invites me over every fall to chop enough wood for the winter, his wife makes all of our favorites dishes, and we drink like fish and swing axes all afternoon.  :D

Hi J. Nice job restoring that stove restoration. Question, how did you prep it for painting - wire wheel, sandblast, etc.?

Built a fire in it in the driveway and got it cherry hot. The rust just fell off of it and left almost clean metal. I wire brushed it and gave it several coats of high heat paint.

It was a piece of cake!

When I first lit it, mice came crawling out by the dozen.... It was like playing whack-a-mole :D:D:D

J, Nice find and fix!  There doesn't look to be any kind of leg under it. I've never seen a stove sit flat like that .

IT is a fireplace insert... There's a slightly raised floor in the stove.

Used it for 5 years with no issues.

You know what i call pellet stoves? Oil furnaces... I never understood pellet stoves... The whole point of a stove is to heat for free. If im going to pay for my fuel, why not just burn oil or gas?

Hey... To each his own. Its just my point of view

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post

You know what i call pellet stoves? Oil furnaces... I never understood pellet stoves... The whole point of a stove is to heat for free. If im going to pay for my fuel, why not just burn oil or gas?

Hey... To each his own. Its just my point of view

For me, it's all about the bottom line.  I could use my heat pump, electric baseboards, or my stove(the stove being the cheapest option).  But, not many folks have access to "free" lumber, I certainly don't.  I don't see the reasoning behind buying a cord for $150, still having to chop it up, and still being less efficient than a pellet stove.