Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pricise10

Tiger Woods 2015

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

We all see a physical change, don't we?

And I think I tip as well as Tiger, maybe more (based on a ratio of wealth) :p

He's coming back to play the masters, I think he should stay home.

I tend to agree, I would imagine there is tremendous pressure from Nike, his agent, sponsors, The USGA & PGA, Augusta national, CBS and many others surrounding the brand of TW. I hope he's not being forced to appease his brand before he s ready. Of course there is also the almighty buck as being his motivator.

Given all this, success for him might be just making the cut. I just hope the TV coverage does not turn into a " Tigers , tied for 40th place slurpfest". Golf would be better suited not showing him playing poorly, swearing and grimacing. Show the guys contending in this temple of golf, not him slashing out from the pine straw to miss the green.

Keep in mind he hasn't won in Augusta since 2005- a full ten years, so this could be very special.

I'd bet the field though.

Edited by iphish

This is one guy that someday will shock everyone again, he's a winner and when he gets his health and chance, he'll make sure he puts his competition away. Never saw greatness like he displayed for years, he was that much better than everyone. Even without the majors, I still think he is the best ever. Someday..........................................

This is one guy that someday will shock everyone again, he's a winner and when he gets his health and chance, he'll make sure he puts his competition away. Never saw greatness like he displayed for years, he was that much better than everyone. Even without the majors, I still think he is the best ever. Someday..........................................

Agree, but it's going to be really hard to get back at what he was once use to be....a winner.

No one disputes his greatness and domination....the reality is he hasn't won in Augusta in 10 years and he hasn't won a major since 2008, meanwhile there has 20 different individuals that have won majors since 2008 and far more parity than ever before. Putting his injuries, WDs and disqualifications to the side, he has struggled putting 4 solid rounds together. He'll win again, probably not a major or full field tourney. but IMO competition & father time is catching up with him.  Everything comes to an end someday. 

Edited by iphish

Which has been the case before, confident and no problems practicing or on the range. That's the hard part to understand with the yips anything can trigger it and very often at the wrong time. I've seen people with it, there can be no indication of it and then the brain takes over.

The word I got was the he was playing the par 3, having his kids caddy for him. Plus the rumor is he looked rather good in a practice at Augusta.

He let one of his kids finish up a short putt. Probably why someone above said he withdrew. a D/Q is probably more accurate.