Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
miscougars89

Shimano Stradic FI knob upgrade

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hey all. I purchased a shimano stradic 5000 fi today and love it, except one feature. It has the smaller paddle handle, unlike the new 5000FJ which now features the bigger egg knob. My question is can I change out the knobs to newer egg handles? If so, where can I get different knobs for it? Thanks!

Won't be cheap unless you can find used parts somewhere. But I'm pretty sure this will work for you if you want to spend the money. Stella 5000FA knob (part #RD 8188) which is about $65. You will also need two ball bearings (part #7786 & 7915) for about $20. You may also need 2 washers(part #8169) and 1 washer (part #8171).

You will probably have to buy from a reel parts place like Mike's or E-Replacement Parts, because Shimano no longer stocks them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BT Bob View Post

Won't be cheap unless you can find used parts somewhere. But I'm pretty sure this will work for you if you want to spend the money. Stella 5000FA knob (part #RD 8188) which is about $65. You will also need two ball bearings (part #7786 & 7915) for about $20. You may also need 2 washers(part #8169) and 1 washer (part #8171).

You will probably have to buy from a reel parts place like Mike's or E-Replacement Parts, because Shimano no longer stocks them.

Yea that's running up more than I wanted i wouldve just bought an FJ with that extra money and have the power knob. Do you know if any secondhand companies make a knob compatible for it? I have one i put on my 704 and love it!