Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Highlander1

Small Plugs

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I'd like to add some really smaller plugs to my bag, after looking at the plug auction, the small Egg style lure in #14 got my attention. I believe Habs makes something along these lines which is a good sign, getting them is another story. Does anyone make anything smaller than a 4" Surfster?

I did see Choopy had a small swimmer that was part of a donation or fundraiser not long ago, was kinda hoping he was going to add that to his line of plugs. Any help is appreciated.

I did see Choopy had a small swimmer that was part of a donation or fundraiser not long ago, was kinda hoping he was going to add that to his line of plugs. Any help is appreciated.

Highlander... That was a plug that I have been making for me and a few friends that beats up on the lmb's pretty good. Its about 2 1/2 " long and weighs about 1/2 to 3/4 oz. I don't think I ever put it on a scale to know exactly what it weighs. Unfortunately right now, no plans on selling them.

I think the smallest wooden plugs I use in the surf are the small lex fatboy. Usually when I need something in the 3" range I switch over to plugs like the little mag darter, delta swords and plugs similiar to them.

the small RM smith are really nice. salty makes a small crazybugger swimmer also that swims well.

I would think youve got the small plugs covered with that skull plug you make H..

an M-80 isn`t too long either

I like the Megabaits 3 1/2" ---- by 1/2 oz. JB 90s for baby baits on the shore or estuary

Plastique that is...then there is the megatude of 5" plastic minnows

I do carry a couple small mag darters, I was looking for something with a chunkier appearance, otherwise some small needles offer that slim profile also.

I understand Charlie, are you taking applications for any new friends? biggrin.gif .