Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
numbnuts

My view on Obama

Rate this topic

92 posts in this topic

Firstly, he has been as corrupt and dishonest as any corporate president is bound to be. It seems to me he has tried to be as conciliatory to the Republicans as possible, and was rebuffed everytime, yet he is hated with a passion unseen in recent American history. If Obama had a even a hint of angry black man about him, we would probably be in open civil war, right now.

I would agree on corrupt and dishonest. however I think he has been smug, arrogant, insulting and as divisive as he possibly could be. He is well known for being extremely insular and people that live in a bubble cant complain about being rebuffed.

The OP knows all that, and still voted for the guy twice.

Or, the OP is a little slower than some of us, and didn't pick up on these traits till the damage was done.

If I missed some nuance, I am sorry in advance.

you can't be divisive and conciliatory at the same time.

our country is even more polarized because of him.

hell, some of the people who voted for him feel that way.

ridiculous.

ridiculous.

divisive was the plan all along.

To fundamentally change things, folks have to be pissed off.

Change doesn't happen when folks are content, fat and happy...only when they got gripes.

If those gripes have to be manufactured, so be it.

The rats are leaving the ship.

Quote:

he has tried to be as conciliatory to the Republicans as possible, 

I would like to hear your thoughts on this, numbnuts.  What made you utter those words?

Wait - who made it about his being black this time? Left or the right? Just wanna be clear ;)

Obama has been a failure since day 1. He has done more to make the chasm between classes much larger...approaching the insurmountable. Someone forgot to tell him there are processes...he just does what he feels like.

TimS

Wait - who made it about his being black this time? Left or the right? Just wanna be clear ;)

Obama has been a failure since day 1. He has done more to make the chasm between classes much larger...approaching the insurmountable. Someone forgot to tell him there are processes...he just does what he feels like.

TimS

Ist black president in the nations history, is this fact not relevant? As for the emotion laden nonsense you just posted, a soft spoken, educated man, who has governed like a republican lite, ask yourself, why all the hate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimS View Post

Wait - who made it about his being black this time? Left or the right? Just wanna be clear wink.gif

Obama has been a failure since day 1. He has done more to make the chasm between classes much larger...approaching the insurmountable. Someone forgot to tell him there are processes....he just does what he feels like.

TimS

It's no wonder this place is so pathetic, Tim

This thinly veiled racism is depressing.

So classism is RACE based not ECONOMIC

Wall St didn't do more to divide have and have not?

Really?

We just found out Bush/Cheney lied and tortured people

broke the law, and Obama  "just does what he feels like"?

G~d its disgusting that people think that way.

No true Christian would ever think like that.

ridiculous.

The divide has nothing to do with Obama. The availability of 24 hour "news" coverage, talk radio, tv, and the internet have provided plenty of irrational hatred for the man. That along with the serious lack of critical thinking skills has brought us to where we are today. I had an idiot come up to me at a gas station, complaining about Obama's 100 million dollar/day trip to China that he heard about on the news. People still claim he wasn't born in Hawaii. He hasn't been the best president but it isn't an easy job. I give him credit for the killing Osama Bin Laden, and helping the country recover from the recession. I don't like the Executive orders regarding illegal immigrants. I have serious doubts that the country would have been better off had McCain been elected.

Ist black president in the nations history, is this fact not relevant? As for the emotion laden nonsense you just posted, a soft spoken, educated man, who has governed like a republican lite, ask yourself, why all the hate?

We got over the 1st Black thing years ago. Honestly....I'm tired of this "black thing" being a thing. Get over it. They are tanner than white people. Big deal.

The divide has nothing to do with Obama.

Who said this?

"Cambridge police acted stupidly ... there is a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."