Hey have you read Jonathan Gruber's Scary Ass Eugenics Paper Yet?

Rate this topic

Little

"I'd rather not force a young woman to have a child then pay for her social programs"

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

what about NOT allowing a woman who wants to abort to be able to abort?

she would then be forced to have a a child.

No... she would be denied an abortion. She wouldn't be forced to have a child. Breeder horses are forced in to pregnancy. Humans get to decide on their own.

I'm not anti abortion but I am certainly not pro abortion because of societies benefit from "Marginals" aborting their children.

Abortion should be something that should rarely happen anymore and hopefully the numbers are going down. There are a dozen ways to avoid getting pregnant and to even terminate a pregnancy long before the abortion idea is all that's left. The left embraces abortion a bit much and its a little sick. This paper is a good example of it.

what about NOT allowing a woman who wants to abort to be able to abort?

she would then be forced to have a a child.

Nobody forced her to have sex, did they? Was she not aware that sex can result in pregnancy? Maybe she couldn't afford birth control...no...that's not it, it's handed out. Wait...who forced her to have sex again?

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimS View Post

Nobody forced her to have sex, did they? Was she not aware that sex can result in pregnancy? Maybe she couldn't afford birth control...no...that's not it, it's handed out. Wait...who forced her to have sex again?

TimS

I am not an abortion fan.

doesn't change the fact that I think if a pregnant woman wants to have an abortion, and she is legally prevented from doing so, she is being forced to have the baby.

I think the best way to curtail abortions is reduce unwanted pregnancy.

but just because a woman's decisions plays a huge part in her being pregnant doesn't mean it's not correct to say that if she's legally prevented from getting an abortion when she wants one,

that she's being forced to have the baby.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimG View Post

I'm not anti abortion but I am certainly not pro abortion because of societies benefit from "Marginals" aborting their children.

Which is the point of the topic.  Its not about whether there are or not abortions.  There are.  its about the leaders of the Democrat Party and their true ideas on what abortions are for.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimG View Post

but I am certainly not pro abortion because of societies benefit from "Marginals" aborting their children.

me neither,

I don't support FORCING anyone to get an abortion.

I think abortions are sad.

I just don't believe we should write laws to take away a woman's right to choose,

especially early on in the pregnancy.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

I agree.

i'd hope so

there's so much wrong with that statement that I don't know where to start.

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

me neither,

I just don't believe we should write laws to take away a woman's right to choose,

I don't think anyone is talking about forcing anyone to do anything either way..... except you

but I am certainly not pro abortion because of societies benefit from "Marginals" aborting their children.

me neither,

Seems like the only way to not "force the woman to have a baby" is to allow her to kill the baby.

I love language.

Don't you?

I won't tolerate your intolerance, because I hate hate.