Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jesse

Wassup at da Hook?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Haven't been to the Hook in about a week and a half and other than richs report about his stop at Bug Light I haven't heard much else. I was thinking about heading down there tonight from about 7 - 11pm to with a light plugging rod or the flyrod. Anything happening there or should I head for parts farther South?

------------------

jlaw58@prodigy.net

I haven't been out for a bit, but in two hours last Friday night I only picked up two shorts at the Hook. I then moved south a bit and got a bass of about 28" and a big fluke.

Honestly don't get the Hook this year, I know a few boaters personally whom have been limiting out on bass the past 1 1/2 week on the knoll chunking for bass up to 20lbs, this was on a daily basis too,(up till yesterday). I fished it in April and early May, beach looks good up there however the fishing was absolutely horrible compared to years past. June is usually one of my favorite months and was always good at the Hook. I haven't fished Jersey since mid May so I honestly couldn't say how the fishing is now, haven't heard of anything doing, but usually if there are fish on the Knoll there are fish around the suds too....They are on the knoll pretty thick too........

Walt, great to finally meet you the other night. Next time maybe we should try to get out when its not blowing like it was and work the Surf some.

CowHunter,

Can you recommend a method to get to these fish off of the beach? Are they deep? Any ideas on technique are appreciated.

Thanks

Rooster

I had done very well on the Hook ocean side until about a week before Memorial day. After that things kinda peetered out and I started fishing south. I was chunking on the Knoll yesterday afternoon and did pretty well. We didn't hammer them but caught a few although nothing over 15lbs. The boats chunking the morning outgoing tide, I was told, did very well.