Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tile Guy

706 pinion bearing

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the pinion bearing in a 706 is the same size as the one in a 704 ? I tried using the search function but couldn't really find anything.

Thanks in advance

-Kurt

Yes they are the same..... All internal parts on the 704 &706 are the same except for the bearing covers they are different.....

So does that mean I will need a different type of bearing for each reel since the covers are different ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tile Guy View Post

Thanks for the info guys. I have an extra sealed ceramic bearing from a 704 rebuild I'm doing and I just wanted to make sure it would work.

Hello Tile Guy, I just purchased a nice 80s 704z...been hearing about these ceramic bearings...what does that do for the reel and does any drilling have to be done or is it a direct fit?  I am looking to make any and all upgrades  I can do to make this reel bomb proof.  thanks

I use the boca bearing SR6C-2YS/C3 NB2 in both of my 706 reels (same size as 704 bearing). It is a direct fit and you won't be disappointed. They are rubber sealed so salt does not get in. Mine is about two years old and I fish in the surf. No more gritty feel. :)