Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skinnywater

anchovies?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Ortiz and Merro...

but you'll pay.

Centos in the can aren't bad if you're going to cook them away or mash them up.

I use the Centos when I roast Leg of Lamb...cut little pockets all over and stuff in a crushed clove of garlic, a sprig of rosemary and an anchovy.

Black pepper, seasoned salt and olive oil (including from the fish) all over the outside.

Start off at 450 for a half hour and lower to 300 until medium rare...delicious.

Anchovies just disappear.

Ortiz are outstanding but as JR says they cost more than most (way more). Havent tried Merro as i havent seen them yet. i get 'Season' brand from Costco to cook with, not bad but inconsistant texture (sometimes a bit mushy) and salitiness. i like to eat good anchovies right out of the can or jar on a cracker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhjr View Post

Ortiz and Merro...

but you'll pay.

Centos in the can aren't bad if you're going to cook them away or mash them up.

I use the Centos when I roast Leg of Lamb...cut little pockets all over and stuff in a crushed clove of garlic, a sprig of rosemary and an anchovy.

Black pepper, seasoned salt and olive oil (including from the fish) all over the outside.

Start off at 450 for a half hour and lower to 300 until medium rare...delicious.

Anchovies just disappear.

Holy smokes that sounds good. I might have to pop a yearling and use do this to one of the hindquarters.