Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leatherface

Not sure what to make of this one......

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Yesterday, while driving the beach, I passed a guy who had a bass hanging from the front of his truck. Looked like he had the gill over one of his rod tubes. Bass must have been pushing 30-32 inches, so it didn't really touch the ground. Must have been close to 2 hours later and he came pulling up where we were fishing with the fish still hanging. Now it was hot yesterday and the sun was burning bright at that time (12 noon). Does anyone else do this? I see no advantage to hanging the fish in the sun. Actually, I think it's borderline dangerous. I don't know how long fresh fish can sit in the sun before it turns, but it can't be longer than 2 hours..

Do you think maybe he was just trying to show off that he caught a fish? He was driving a pick-up, so he could have thrown it in the back or in a cooler if he had one.

Just a very odd thing to see. :confused:

He'll learn

As he's leaning over the toilet expecting to see his socks come out his mouth

(unless he's a real P O S lookeemee and the fish is destined for the tackle shop dumpster)

There's a reason the old timers buried their fish deep in the sand then picked em up on the way back - cool and moist.

This reminds me of this guy from last season,

He caught a nice fish, i think it was a high 20. Showed it off n had it laying in front off his truck for a couple hours.

THE NEXT DAY, this spot is jam packed with what seems like an entire club of guys.(can't remember which club)

This guy shows up, stops and goes to the front of his truck and pulls THE SAME FISH out of his cooler and shows all his club buddies his fish.

You'd think it was a world record fish Lol

For some guys its more about being a hero than it is about fishing

Yesterday, while driving the beach, I passed a guy who had a bass hanging from the front of his truck. Looked like he had the gill over one of his rod tubes. Bass must have been pushing 30-32 inches, so it didn't really touch the ground. Must have been close to 2 hours later and he came pulling up where we were fishing with the fish still hanging. Now it was hot yesterday and the sun was burning bright at that time (12 noon). Does anyone else do this? I see no advantage to hanging the fish in the sun. Actually, I think it's borderline dangerous. I don't know how long fresh fish can sit in the sun before it turns, but it can't be longer than 2 hours..

Do you think maybe he was just trying to show off that he caught a fish? He was driving a pick-up, so he could have thrown it in the back or in a cooler if he had one.

Just a very odd thing to see. :confused:

I have different take---he might have been a Viking and was simply doing what the vikings all do---they have a dragon on the front of their boats.

That was probably his truck's fish mascot thingy.:D

He'll learn

As he's leaning over the toilet expecting to see his socks come out his mouth

(unless he's a real P O S lookeemee and the fish is destined for the tackle shop dumpster)

There's a reason the old timers buried their fish deep in the sand then picked em up on the way back - cool and moist.

Now that, boys and girls, is a well-turned phrase.

Is burying the fish the best method of you don't have a cooler nearby and still want to fish ? Btw what are signs a fish is spoiling or spoiled ?
the best method is to just send the fish back in the water and buy pizza lol,I'm starting to notice that catch and release has become extinct.Most guys don't keep bass because they love eating them they keep them because they think people care when there walking by with there fish,some people still sell them,I only keep one from time to time for my dad because he is a fish eating fanatic and he's done a lot for me over the years but if it wasn't for him id never keep anythinf because I don't eat Striped Bass ,I kept a 27 pounder the other day so I can help keep his freezer full of fish over the winter but I already regret it because its not like he will starve without that bass lol.