Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASrod

Super Strike Popper?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Is the super strike little neck popper any good? I fish in the chesapeake bay at Hog Point, MD and I am going to get a 1-1/2 oz blue but is the sinker better than the floater? any other lure suggestions are needed.

Yes it is a good lure and yes it is productive in the bay when the conditions are right for topwater.  I mostly fish the 2 3/8 sinker as well.  Don't get caught up in all the fancy colors Black, White and Yellow are all I carry.  I also usually have a Striper Swiper in the bag (Lures are tools as I am brand agnostic)

VERY PRODUCTIVE !!! I have my share of the 2 3/8 oz models..........BUT don't overlook that 1.5 oz lure!! SUPERB with a light tackle setup !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyess View Post

My bag never leaves my house without them. Sinking 2 3/8.

+1.  I like white, parrot, and I think its called smoke (black over clear).

The 1.5 oz popper is NOT a niche lure! That thing is AWESOME! It casts well, the action is great. It is a must have for me when smaller bait is around. I never leave home without one. As was also mentioned, basic colors.. white, yellow...

VERY PRODUCTIVE !!! I have my share of the 2 3/8 oz models..........BUT don't overlook that 1.5 oz lure!! SUPERB with a light tackle setup !!!!!!!!!!!

Yogi,

I agree, I even swim it at times.

One of my favorite lures (Thanks J!), just built an avid to upgrade the current rod I use to toss them. Casting distance is awesome, pops and swims easily, and is very durable. Stripers aren't the only thing they catch, a local angler where I live has landed GT and mahi from shore on them. Like others have stated, I don't leave without em!