Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
longcaster

YouTube image is cut-off on the right side

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

When I view a YouTube here on SOL the right side of it is cut off. With that cutoff one canot do things like see settings or go into theater mode or switch to YouTube by clicking on an Icon on the YouTube screen displayed.

Can this be corrected?

This has been this way for me for years now. I inquired, and was told it was either my monitor size or my resolution settings or both, and nothing could be done about it.

You can click on the video in the post itself and it will bring you to full screen view.

Steve, in the not to distant past I have been able to click on the correct place on the You Tube image and bring up the switch to watch the video on You Tube.

So, I do not agree that it is the way it has always been. It has been incorrect before and it has been brought back.

Since the issue is my inability to find the correct place to click on what is displayed on my laptop, why don't you find a You Tube video on SOL and take a screen shot and point out where you position your mouse to make the change so you can watch the same video on You Tube. Because that is what I am missing.

Steve, in the not to distant past I have been able to click on the correct place on the You Tube image and bring up the switch to watch the video on You Tube.

So, I do not agree that it is the way it has always been. It has been incorrect before and it has been brought back.

Since the issue is my inability to find the correct place to click on what is displayed on my laptop, why don't you find a You Tube video on SOL and take a screen shot and point out where you position your mouse to make the change so you can watch the same video on You Tube. Because that is what I am missing.

Jim - perhaps for you something has changed, but for me it has been that way for years. For me to see the video full screen, all I have to do is click anywhere on the video in the post it s posted in. Give me a minute and I will show you an example.

At the top of the embedded video is the name of the video, click on it and it takes you to the videos page on Youtube

I've always had to do it this way as well.

Okay, in the above post, my screen looks like this:

As you can see, right side is cut off, much what I expect you are seeing on your computer.

To view the video full screen, place you cursor anywhere in the area I circled below, and double click:

And it gives you this:

Not long ago clicking on the icon displayed in your last screen shot is what I clicked

But now Huddler has changed something. Instead of defense, why not ask them to read this thread and tell us both why they have allowed that change to occur that prevents me from clicking on the You Tube Icon that is now cut-off the right side of what we both see?

They must have a real good reason why they have done it. Have Huddler tell us why they have removed most of the You Tube options that are now cut off the right side of You Tube captures.

One last thing, when I click on the area of the image (of You Tube) I get switched to a full-screen mode of the same cut-off image without being able to go to You Tube. Just so you know the reason to go to You Tube is to look at what else might be related to the video somebody posted on SOL. Going to full-screen is not what I wanted to do.

IE is a half rate browser.....Get Firefox and you will get the whole picture :D

I have never had that problem

I am using Chrome, and I think Jim is too. Besides, it is not a browser issue.

Not long ago clicking on the icon displayed in your last screen shot is what I clicked

But now Huddler has changed something. Instead of defense, why not ask them to read this thread and tell us both why they have allowed that change to occur that prevents me from clicking on the You Tube Icon that is now cut-off the right side of what we both see?

They must have a real good reason why they have done it. Have Huddler tell us why they have removed most of the You Tube options that are now cut off the right side of You Tube captures.

One last thing, when I click on the area of the image (of You Tube) I get switched to a full-screen mode of the same cut-off image without being able to go to You Tube. Just so you know the reason to go to You Tube is to look at what else might be related to the video somebody posted on SOL. Going to full-screen is not what I wanted to do.

Jim - I am not defending them. I have presented this issue to them in the past, and at least in my case, it is the size of my monitor and the resolution that I have it set for. Has nothing do do with something that Huddler did......(again, in MY case.) I can changed the resolution and can get the full video in the post, but in doing that, the appearance of the rest of my desktop is not to my liking. So since it is such a minor issue, I just live with it.

I will ask Huddler to look into this thread for you, but in the meantime, are you sure you didn't change some settings for your monitor or the way you view SOL?

PS - If you double click on the video like I said, it brings it to full screen mode. From there, way down in the right hand lower corner, you can click on this to go and watch the video on the YouTube site:

Thanks Steve. It should not have to be a "pat your head, rub your tummy" effort to get to You Tube.

It would be a different matter entirely if it had not ever worked like I expect.

I have not changed any settings on my computer.

The reply from Huddler was that they have changed nothing, and that my explanation above is essentially what the problem is. Why it suddenly changed for you, I have no idea. :confused:

Sorry, did my best.......:(

There could be weeks or months that go by and I don't use that feature. It doesn't mean it was sudden change, I just took the time to try and ask an intelligent question about it.

Quote from SIM's post;

"The reply from Huddler was that they have changed nothing"

I think there are other questions that Huddler could be asked;

I don't know what the correct term is to describe why the display of You Tube appears to be cropped on the right side.

So, can the display of what we see be changed so as the provide a full view of what You Tube has?

Is it just a cropping job that only takes the right side?

What is gained by cutting off so much of the right side?

If it is a size thing, why not reduce the size of all of it, instead of just cropping the right side?

Thanks