Cod fishery shut down!

Rate this topic

shua22

I was thinking more along the lines of stripping cod of their eggs and sperm and hatching them on an ocean side location.Then when they reached a certain side they could be released back into different areas.

Cant find article. But back in the day to boost cod populations they use to fish for spawners and fertilize the egggs and put them back in the sea.

Other than toss a little money for votes there's not enough brains in government to solve the codfish problem as long as fishermen keep fishing for cod.

COD FISHING SHOULD HAVE STOPPED TEN-TWENTY YEARS AGO RATHER THAN CHASE THE LAST FISH.

I'm SORRY IF I ACT PISSED FROM HAVING TAKEN TRIPS OFFSHORE SINCE THE GLORY DAYS OF THE FOREIGN FLEET

TRYING TO TEND TRAWL WHILE THE FOREIGN FLEET DRAGS UP YOUR GEAR WHILE FEEDING THE MOTHER PROCESSING SHIP

LOOKING AT THE FACES OF MEN THAT COULDN'T BEGIN TO SQUARE HOOK FISH(GILL NET) RATHER THAN ONE FISH ON ONE HOOK.

I'm sorry ,didn't mean to go over the edge.

ps one of my reads is VOCM.COM just to keep a handle on fishing to the north.

^^^you better articulated the point I was trying to make earlier...any said efforts in an attempt to save cod fish while pandering to various fishing groups is pointless - either ###t or get off the pot

And if comm guys need some kind of aid from the govt while their fisheries are shut down, including paid cross training either by way of trade school, college or whatever, I'm not against that either. What's funny is that many popular vacation areas are losing money due to piper nesting, but noone wants to save a species of fish, at least to the point where they are willing to accept the actual consequences of what it takes to save a depleting stock

I have an antique book, 3 mith's history of fishes....1833  it actually say it would be impossible to wipe out the codfish population...but then again they didn't know about diesel engines

As an aside, I wonder how at some point, man figured out that they could plug a swimming creature out of the ocean and eat it...LOL

I have an antique book, 3 mith's history of fishes....1833  it actually say it would be impossible to wipe out the codfish population...but then again they didn't know about diesel engines

Or electronics.... I think commercial fishing has gone from an art to a science.....in a very short time.

With the tools at there disposal it's more of a collection than anything else.

Strip away the water and just see the fish and bottom, and that is how a modern professional commercial fisherman see things.

Much like a logger who knows what trees he's going to take and from where.

When you harvest all the trees, or harvest all the fish, they are just......gone.